Help! My 125g is leaking badly.

lanlesnee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My 125g has a huge leak this morning. I'm in the process of draining it. It' looks like the leak will be on the bottom seals.

Now my problems are I have to overcrowd my 40g or put some small fish with a very aggressive gold severum.

Will my 40g heavily planted 40g hold 8 3"-4" inch blood parrots, 4 x 2" black tetras, 4 x 3" giant danios, 7 small cories, and a 2 inch clown loach for a few days? The tank is over filtered with a very good size air stone.
Some of these fish were already in the tank.

Or can I put my parrots with my 8 inch gold severum? This doesn't seem like a good idea because this severum is very aggressive.

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is there anyway you can use a large rubbermaid for a few days? Set it up as you normally would. I had my tank leak a few weeks ago and use a 29g rubbermaid (was only a 30g tank) set my filter up on it but had a replacement tank by the end of the day. Good luck

lanlesnee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Is there anyway you can use a large rubbermaid for a few days? Set it up as you normally would. I had my tank leak a few weeks ago and use a 29g rubbermaid (was only a 30g tank) set my filter up on it but had a replacement tank by the end of the day. Good luck
I have a 40g cooler I use to transport fish, but this seems like a worst setup than the 40g tank.

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Difference would be your not way over stocking the tank the 40g cooler would have less bioload and less stress on the fish.

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I guess it just depends on how long they will have to be in there. Just keep an eye on your levels and change the water a couple times. You've got to do what you've got to do in this kind of situation. I'm sorry about your tank, I hope it's an easy fix.

lanlesnee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well my fish are in the 40g and all seem to be doing fine.

I drained the 125g and will be fixing the leak this week.

I how ever don't think I'll be putting the fish back in. I think I'm going to look for another tank to put them in and convert my 125g into a FOWLR.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom