Help Moorish Idol Disaster!!!!

devildogwife

Reaction score
My Moorish Idol was doing just fine i have had it for 4 weeks one morning his color is almost all gone and he had some white spots on his body i did a water change and he was getting better color was back to normal and the spots were almost all gone then today his color is gone again and his the white spots are all over him what can i do???

agsansoo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow 4 weeks keeping a Moorish Idol alive ! That's great ! They normally only last a day or two.
What are you feeding him ? Can you post a picture ?

devildogwife

Reaction score
I feed Gil is what we call him from nemo brine shrimp , dried sea weed and clams he loves to peck the clams out of the shell.

devildogwife

Reaction score
good news Gil is now doing fine his diet now consist of chopped clams and oysters, as well as clams in a shell broken open for him so he can pick it out himself. I'm also feeding him brine shrimp and fresh seaweed. I learned he needs to be fed 4 times a day though thats why he was stressing also i found out that some of the other fish like the clown fish and the choc starfish really enjoy these items as well so i have to keep a close eye on them to make sure the don't gobble up the food before gil gets a chance to eat. Gil is one spoiled fish.

Miss Mouse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
WOW he sure is spoiled! Glad to hear he's ok tho

bmRboY

Valued Member
Reaction score
Great Job!!!! You're so lucky... Mine died after 3 days... Keep up the good work...

agsansoo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bmRboY said:
Great Job!!!! You're so lucky... Mine died after 3 days... Keep up the good work...
Better than me ! Mine lasted 2 days ...

Newtankdude

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'll never have an idol, their too hard to keep, I'm supprised yours is alive.

bmRboY

Valued Member
Reaction score
Actually, most marine forums would burn anyone with a moorish... apparantly only 1 in 100 make it to the LFS and the chances of that one living is pretty small.... I hope yours gets big and healthy... can you post some pics?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom