Help!!! Mollies And Guppies Dying

Susmitha

Reaction score
14 gallon Tank with 4 , 2 sword tail and 4 guppies. The tank is 8 months old and the water is perfect. 2 weeks back all of a sudden I lost 2 guppies and next week 1 panda molly and now today one more panda molly. The molly was completely fine and active and also had food this morning. The water parameters are in control. No signs of any disease or weakness in the fish. All my other fishes are perfectly fine and active. I have uploaded a photo of my panda molly which died today. Please help

Attachments

Zigi Zig

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is hard to tell what could happen, all we can do is guessing however prefer tall aquariums and aquarium size 20 gallon minimum I can't only imagine with 10 fish in 14.gal tank that your water parameters are in control..

GoldieMama

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
When did you get the fish? It was most likely that a few died from a disease of some sort and guppies are pretty delicate so they might have died from the ammonia spike of the dead fish.

OP
S

Susmitha

Reaction score
I got the fish 8 months ago. The molly which died today was absolutely healthy and active. I have attached the photos to this thread...if you could guess any sort of problem

Whitewolf

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I guess I agree the only thing I can think of that can cause overnight random fish death is sudden ammonia spike or some type of water poisioning.

New Threads