Help... Missing Cory Fry

Cindy22

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Did I kill my baby corydoras by adding him in with my baby platys??? I thought the general rule was if they can't fit in their mouths, they can't. Anyhow, I had my first batch of eggs and only one hatched. I added him into my 2 gallon tank with 6, one day old platys. I saw him zip around for two days, then nothing. I have gravel and saw him hiding in crevices, but it's been about 4 days. I'm scared? Any thoughts? Thanks guys!

MrFishkeeper1

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Could the filter have sucked him up, did he get stuck under the gravel, has he been eating normally before, what are your parameters? I am not trying to be mean or anything there can just be a lot of things that could have happened.

OP
Cindy22

Cindy22

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
MrFishkeeper1 said:
Could the filter have sucked him up, did he get stuck under the gravel, has he been eating normally before, what are your parameters? I am not trying to be mean or anything there can just be a lot of things that could have happened.
Hey, thanks for replying. No, I'm still very new at this. I've only been in it since November of 2018, and this is my first experience with Cory fry, so, I appreciate any help at all & I will never be offended. I'm using a sponge filter, and my perimeters are great, zero nitrites, 0 ammonia, etc.... I have a 60 gallon that's thriving, so I think he might have either gotten eaten by the fry or he might have gotten stuck in the gravel, he is tiny. However, since I posted this I have about 20 more eggs I've salvaged from the 60 gallon and they're in a bowl with an air tube, floating in the tank for temperature. Wish me luck, no fungus or anything on them, keeping the water changed three or four times a day. I have extremely clean well water. If any of these hatch I am going to put them in a separate 10 gallon by themselves. My Cory's are constantly mating, lol, I know I can't save anymore eggs in the future but it's hard not to. My platys are constantly pregnant too and I've got to learn to walk away and let nature take its course. I just can't stand seeing them be eaten. Thank you so very much. It's very hard, as you know, starting out. You can read up on it a lot, but until you experience the ups and downs, you truly won't get it til you've gone through it. It is a lot harder than just adding water and throwing food in, and unfortunately I had my fair share of loss while learning. However, it is a wonderful hobby, especially when you get it right, finally!!! Thanks again!!!

New Threads