HELP, MISSING CLOWN LOACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
In my parents house. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Experience
More than 10 years
Help, my clown loach in the 28 gallon tank has been missing for about a day now and I don't know where it is. I pulled out all the rocks and moved my hand over the gravel to move the surface to see if the clown loach was there dead or weak and nothing, I even moved some of the gravel around on the bottom to see if it had dug into it and is hiding in the gravel. I even checked around the bottom of the tank on the floor to see if it had jumped out and still nothing. It just magicly disappeared. My original clown loach for the 36 had done the same thing in August of 2006 and still hasn't been found. Please give some other ideas of where to look. It was my favorite and I miss it. :'( ???
Tom

OP
Tom

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All it seems to do is hide until food is present and then it disappears again when I'm not looking. I have searched all over the tank and have moved all the gravel through my fingers to see if I could find it. I am starting to get worried.
Tom

OP
Tom

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I found out yesterday that it hides in a little hole in the aerator. The aerator is a dinosaur in the egg and bubbles come out of the mouth and from under the belly, it has a little hole where the bubbles go up to reach the mouth and that is where my clown loach is hiding. The body is hollow. Now the only poblem is getting the loach out.
Tom

boff

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI Tom ,do you think that he is stuck this time and can't get out ?
If not the best thing Ive found to get clowns to come out is bloodworm works every time on mine ,this might give you time to do some thing with your aerator.

OP
Tom

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There is a hole in there that was perposely put in during the manufactureing phase and it doesn't get stuck. Whenever I turn in the light in the morning it is swimming around near the front, and it comes out when it smells the shrimp pellets that I feed it.
Tom

boff

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's OK then ,he seems to like it ,but one day he will be to big for it .Why don't you put a piece of pipe in for him and block up the hole .My clowns used to live in sucken ship (my son liked it) but it got to small so I put in a pipe and they love it .One of mine does the same as yours only relay comes out after the light goes off ,which is a shame because they are such a cool fish.

OP
Tom

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I made it a few caves out of rocks that it used to hide in. But lately after I got my BN, the BN has taken over the cave where my loach looooooooooooves to hide. And anyways, my oach hasn't really grown since I got it since about March-April of 2006, so I'm not worried about it getting stuck.
Tom

New Threads