Help me. Help

1. Charbel Bernaba Initiate Member

Okay first of all my tank is 80 gallon (300 litre) i really need some help with those questions? but before ima tell you what i have in my tank 5 mollies and balloon mollies 4 guppies 3 angelfish and 5 platys and 6 swordtails and 2 gouramis....

1-my fish start to die slowly after 1 month of buying them i lost 5 platies and 2 guppies and 2 balloon mollies and 1 yellow mollies which there's no signs of ich or anything at them my temp is 29c now stable i don't have a heater in the tank it's just the heat of the summer...it did reach 30c 31c 1 time but i did put a fan in the room and now it's stable at 29c (i don't have ac in the room) it could be possibly my temp right now killed them or what? iam getting crazy about losing fish every day or two.

2-I did a few testing (using sera test box) for ammonia nitrite and nitrate and ph and the results are ammonia: 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10 and ph 7.5-8.0 i can't get it lower than that and i have 2 big woods in my tank i wanna know if ph have anything with my fish death?

3-before anything say try freeze bottles of water and put them i did try it it wasn't successful and my tank came with a lid that i cannot open it fully because the lid it's sticking with a filter on the back and my lights here's a picture as you see i cannot open it fully ... and yeah about the clip on fans for aquarium believe it or not but i can't find one in any pet store here in my country ...we have a clip on fans but not for aquariums would it work?

IMG-20140712-WA0003.jpg

I really cannot afford a chiller or ac in the room and i wanna know if the temp 29c (84f) is killing my tropical fish..or theres another reason...thanks.

2. DaniosRock Member Member

A fan of any kind will work. You could also do daily water changes with cooler water. Ideally the temp should be about 78f.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

A fan will help. Is the room dry? It looks like you're evaporating a lot of water.

4. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Balloon mollies have shorter lifetimes because of their arched back anyways, they are bred to look that way.

5. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Charbel, sorry to hear about your fish loss. A few questions, how long do you run your florescent fixture per day and how often do you do water changes ?

6. Crissandra331 Member Member

The inconsistent temperature could be the cause of some of your problem. Usually its best to not put any wood or acidifying products in with Mollies they require very alkaline water while your Angel fish will require much softer acidic water.
    At 84F your water is pretty warm and the warmer the water the less oxygen you have.

I would look into getting a heater even though one of your problems is a an overheated tank it would still keep your tank from fluctuating to low at night when it cools off in comparison to the heat you get during the day.

In the mean time I would research more into the requirements of your fish. Diet, Temperature, Decor, pH those kinds of things. I know a lot of people run into issues with Mollies especially the Sailfin variety because they don't research enough before buying them and never give them enough greens in their diet, which soon leads to death, or swim bladder issues, disease ect.

But I'd start by getting a consistent temp in the tank and take it from there.

Also would update your profile when you get a chance, we would be able to answer your questions more easily, thoroughly, accurately.

Good Luck