Help me suff my tiny tank!

1. Deus Member Member

Reading posts, I seem to have the smallest tank in the history of the world.
    :eek:
    (30 Litres)

Ideally and eventually, I'd like to have 3 types of fish.

Here is my idea, considering that I know nothing at all at this point:

1 bottom fish ( a smallish loach kind of thing, 2-3 inches max)
    6-8 danios kinda fish..
    1 "larger" kind of fish (2-3 inches) that have some height.

Is this feasible?

2. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

a good botom dweller is a cory catfish and i cant help much beyond that until i know how many gallons is 30 liters

3. Deus Member Member

6.5 imperial
    7.9 U.S
    :)

4. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

I can't help with the fish too much but I can assure you, don't hav the record for the smallest tank! :D I have a 5, 2- 3 and a 2.5 gallon tanks. In my 5, my fish are 2 otto on the bottom and my betta on the top (although the way they "play" you would never know there were levels involved there - mostly the betta chasing the ottos or the other way around lately)

Have fun.

Welcome to the group. As I have said in other posts, these people are the finest people I have had the priviledge to have met.

Rose
    :D

5. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

ya thats definatly not the smalles tank but u do hav a hard time finding some fish in ther but wat u want right now is not feasable few?'s do u hav a ny live plants if so how much light and how many and wat kinds how much decorations do u hav and wat type of filter b/c if u over filter it i think u can put in more fish and do u hav an airstone and pump and the fish the best bottom cleaners i hav heard of are corys and they can get 2-4 inches large but u cant hav that many danios probly just 4 specially if u want a biger fish but danios can get 2 inches to but if u answers those questions might be able to help u a little more mollies arent bad eithr

6. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

I have Ottos for algae eaters and bottom cleaners (did have 3, now 2) in my 5 gallon and they do a wonderfu job! They are very small perhaps an inch and this last two are very hardy little creatures. The first few days they had their work cut out for them, but all my algae was gone FAST and they do a great job housekeeping. In fact, I have had to give them about 1/8 of an algae wafer every couple of days just so they have a nosh to keep them going. They are also VERY reasonably priced. (I think I paid $1.16 each for mine)

Rose

7. Deus Member Member

your ottos sound good.

I got 6 cherry barbs and for now, they all seem quite happy, floating in front of my webcam.

8. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Cherry Barbs are very pretty fish and now your tank is full ;) do you have any plants? CB's really like plants.
    Carol

9. Deus Member Member

Is it really full?
    I have 1 large plant, one medium plant, 3 small plants and a castle:)

10. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

yes as far as fish are concerned you are fully stocked. :D Your decor sounds nice. Maybe you could post pictures ;D
    Carol

11. Deus Member Member

is there not even place for 1 or 2 ottos and a siamese fighting fish in the future?
    :(

I'll put up a picture when I understand how to.

12. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Theres not room for anything else in that tank ;D
    Carol

13. Deus Member Member

Here's a pic of my tank! In the middle is a real plant!The fish seemed scared of my camera.. but usually they like chasing each other around the castle and doing slalow around the fake plants in a striaght line.

Attached Files:

14. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

Beautiful Tank, and nice plants..

I would not suggest any more fish either. :)

15. Deus Member Member

Yeah.. I kinda accepted and dealt with that reality..

What about a little crab kinda fella?

16. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

You don't have the smallest tak, I have a 1/2 US gal tank with 2 ghost shrimp (It's supposedly a "betta" tank but I dont want to put a betta in something that small)

17. Jon Well Known Member Member

your tank is full and you definately wouldnt want to put a "siamese fighting fish" or a betta in there cuz you have barbs and most barbs are little arses that will try to pick fights... siamese fighting fish + barbs = fights.... probably but you never know

also your tank is full...