Help me stock the 20 gallon

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by I keep fish, Jul 10, 2015.

1. I keep fish

I keep fish Well Known Member Member

I have a 20 gallon high that is cycled and water parameters have been perfect for the last few days.
    I'm thinking just a pair of fish for this tank.At the moment its filtered by two sponge filters. Sandy botom and atm java moss.Ohh also RCS will be staying in this tank.

My stocking ideas.
    4 Scarlet Gem Badis
    Never kept these heard they were cool anyone have any experience with them?

Other ideas
    Pair of GBR
    or Pair of Kribs( I loved them when I had them in my 55 the only problem 20 gal might be to small for them)
    If any room a school of ottos or a single bn wouldn't hurt either:)
    Any suggestons on pairs that would work in a 20 gallon high.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

As Anders247 has mentioned over and over, you need to feed scarlet badis live food, as they will not take dry food. If the only two fish you are putting in are the two kribensis, it should be enough.

3. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Scarlet badis will take frozen food, mine ate cyclops, bbs, lobster eggs, anything small enough for their tiny mouths.

Scarlet badis are tiny & just 4 in a 20 gallon would look lost, have you considered Celestial pearl danios? If you like small fish a large school of those would look lovely in a planted tank.

4. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

That too, but they're just a little more high-maintenance than most other fish, as they dont readily take dry foods. I like the convenience of dry foods :D

5. OP
    OP
    I keep fish

Thanks for the response Dom90 see I did not know that about the Badis. I probably wont go that route then. I'm starting to lean towards the GBR since I've experience with them in a 20. Coradee I've actually thought about them but I really don't know lol.

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah, I wouldn't do the kribs in a 20 high. The rams should do well.

7. OP
    OP
    I keep fish

Well I got the gbrs but they are not going in the 20 gallon they are still babies so for now they are in the 10 gallon until they get a bit bigger ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437681332.502741.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice