Help me stock my 29 gal tank!

Daniodude

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I took a 29 gallon tank out of storage a few months back, it has been cycled and is now ready for fish!
Here are some of the things I would like in the tank.
If there is anything I can do to improve this list, please let me know!

babyshark24

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi! It sounds like you already have the crayfish, but they can be pretty aggressive towards other fish. Check out AqAdvisor for a good start on stocking. The crayfish unfortunately may commit mass murder on the shrimp especially :( and the tank feels a bit overstocked.

Also, I'd put that dwarf hairgrass in as soon as possible (before you get fish)- I tried to put some in my tank when I had fish and shrimp in it and the shrimp (ghosts!) and mollies loved tearing it up- it always ended up floating around in the morning, unable to take root :(

Good luck!!!

FishGirl115

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yeah. I agree with babyshark. That crayfish will eat fish and for sure all your shrimp. Not to mention tearing up plants. If possible, try to rehome her, or else you're gonna have to risk her eating fish and just skip the shrimp. So if you're set on the crayfish don't put the corys, shrimp, or any other, even just a little, slow small fish in. You could do some gourami maybe. I found a thread posted a while ago on crayfish tankmates, they say NO bottom dwellers. Here's the link: crayfish tank mates? | 148049

New Threads