Help me sex my Rams please.

Knokzly88

Hi All!
So i thought i had researched enough online to quickly tell what sex rams i own. i started with a single what i thought to be Female Ram, the fish shop also said it was female.
i then added what i thought to be a male and female unpaired to then allow natural pairing occur. It was only once i added the 2 new rams that i became confused. My intial "Female" had the pink belly sparkles in the black dot. but when i have added my new male and female it became apparent the new and "real Female" was less colourful, belly was pink but black fins on its head were much shorter then the original Female, which now makes me think do i have 1 female and 2 males or 1 male and 2 females. Theres a clear difference in colour but of the two male looking rams one has a very pink belly almost consistently whilst the other does not.
The first 3 images are of the orignal female.
Following 2 of the suspected Male (lovely colour) no pink belly.
Final 2 are of what i believe to be a female.

Thanks in advance for any assitance.

86 ssinit

Yes you nailed it 2 females 1 male. Pics female male female.

Upvote 0

coralbandit

2 females and 1 male .
First female is ready to spawn . Loaded with eggs .
Trios or harems can be hit or miss IMO.
I usually tell people odd numbers fix themselves .. They become even ...
The two females may really not get along any better the 2 males would .
You just never know [ hit or miss ] ..

Upvote 0

Knokzly88

thanks coralbandit and 86 ssinit appreciate the clarification.
I just love Them and want more but i know this haram i have in place may go south but for now everybody is keeping their distance a few dashes here and there but ive blocked sightlines as much as possible they all have there areas.

I actually have a full sized Bolivian in their too female as i understand it. They are getting on well. but im aware i may need to intervene if things get sticky.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Pheonix7079
  • Question
60 Gallon Tank Please sex this ram
Replies
Views
MonsterGar
Replies
Views