Help me setting up first saltwater tank

Fisharewet

I'm going to be getting a 75 gallon and my wife wants to make it a saltwater tank. I've never had a saltwater tank before I always had freshwater. I was going to go with live rock and fish only do I need anything other than a filter and a heater?

peachsonas

I feel like most users on this forum are freshwater keepers, including me but maybe this article will help you figuring out what you need if you haven’t read it already?

Saltwater Aquarium Tank Setup Guide

Upvote 0

Fisharewet

I need help stocking my 75 gallon saltwater tank, i know a lot about freshwater but nothing about saltwater. Some fish I would like to have are
Yellow tang
Copperband butterfly
Bi-color angel
Antenneta Lionfish
Seahorse
I'm aware that these fish are probably not compatible together

Upvote 0

Ghelfaire

I really don't think the seahorse can go with the others.
From what I know they need a more column shaped tank and need special help eating.

Upvote 0

Fisharewet

I really don't think the seahorse can go with the others.
From what I know they need a more column shaped tank and need special help eating.
My wife really wants a seahorse now im going to have to break the bad new to her lol

Upvote 0

Ghelfaire

As far as I know they aren't begginer fish and the rest of your stocking may be aggressive.

Upvote 0

Natalie666

I’m not a saltwater person but I am aware that tangs need a lot of swimming room-have you done research on whether a 75 would give the fish enough space for that? My LFS reccomends 100-125 or something like that minimum.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ChrissFishes01
Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
Sebastian Perdomo
  • Question