Help me rescape my planted tank

Thenewguy321

Hey guys, I have a 55 gallon planted tank and even though I like how it is, I think it could be better. I don’t like where the dragon rock in front of the left piece of driftwood is but don’t know where to put it. I also don’t like the rock on the far right if the tank with the Java fern but again, don’t know what to do with it. I’m willing to rearrange the hard scape. I also have a 11 gallon rimless “high tech” aqua scape that could use some plant rearranging. Also any advice on annihilating hair algae, or what ever the stuff that’s catching my co2 bubbles in the 11 gallon, would be much appreciated. I’ll post pictures and just let me know what you
think. Thanks!

Ps. It may take awhile for response as I don’t get notifications from this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 27

adumsoza

i had a hair algaeoutbreak in my 10 gallon a few months ago,. I netted a bunch of it out and sucked it up with a gravel vaccum and then added a mystery snail to the tank to keep the levels of it down.

Thenewguy321

Oh cool thanks, that’s what I’ve been doing and it seems to help for a couple of days then it comes back. I have 3 small Nerite snails in there.

adumsoza

Oh cool thanks, that’s what I’ve been doing and it seems to help for a couple of days then it comes back. I have 3 small Nerite snails in there.
Nerite snails will only eat a little bit because of their size, Mystery snails get 5cm in diameter so they can do a lot at once.

jmaldo

Impressive Scape!
Just a suggestion, you might try tying/gluing some type of moss to the stone.
Here is a pic, stone with java moss it worked for me.

April 2017.jpg

Good Luck!

Thenewguy321

Oh that’s awesome, I’ve had problems with Java moss growing with my light setup, how did you get it like that? Also what’s some super glue that is safe for fish cuz I don’t feel like buying the seachem super glue again.

Rye3434

For algae issues there needs to be more details to solve them, a different thread might even be better. I would want to know things like light (type and intensity), lighting schedule (photoperiod), nutrient levels (fertilization, test kit results), substrate, water change and maintenance schedule, co2 injection rates and efficiency (is the drop checker the right color), circulation, filtration, feeding. Basically everything about the tank, there is not one easy solution to getting rid of algae. Also, some closer pictures of it to identify it with more certainty would help.

Cawafuoshi

I wouldn’t change anything but adding more plants or as suggested moss. Whenever I mixed things up I wish I hadn’t. If you want a new scape, start a new tank

jmaldo

Oh that’s awesome, I’ve had problems with Java moss growing with my light setup, how did you get it like that? Also what’s some super glue that is safe for fish cuz I don’t feel like buying the seachem super glue again.
It grows well for some not so much for others. It did take some time, I was just starting out and members did say it was a good starter low light option. I tied it using fish line and cotton thread. Once the moss attached I just trimmed the line//thread off. I mentioned gluing method, some members are successful with it, but I was not.
More glue and moss stuck to my fingers than the rock, LOL
Maybe others have some tips.

Good Luck!

Thenewguy321

Lol yeah it worked for me some. I bought two big sheets of moss and tied it to it. also got a couple plants I’ll post a pic of it later.

As for the algae, I can do that. I’ll post pictures of it in a while. I got some of it out but it’s still there. the drop checker is the right color. I have a stingray 24/7 planted tank light on it and I just have the 24/7 mode enabled so it goes from different colors. I’ll post a video of the colors it changes through. I feed just a few flakes to the two guppies in there once a day. I have 3 assassin snails, 1 bamboo shrimp, and 3 ghost shrimp. For filtration I have a tiny little sun sun canister filter on it, not sure the model. I dose with seachem iron and their basic fertilization liquid, A couple root tabs, and it’s on fluval stratum and something else that I can’t remember the name of. It comes in a bag with liquid fertilization and beneficial bacteria. The bag is red and yellow if that helps.
It won’t let me take videos so I’ll take individual photos of the different colors. I don’t know if that matters but I’ll upload some anyways.

I also setup a sand waterfall grow out tank for my kribensis babies. opinions? Doesn’t shoot out a lot of sand bc it’s just an airstone and pvc but I think it still looks kinda cool

Also I have this tiny little one gallon tank and I’m wondering what I could put in it, RCS maybe? It’s nasty because it’s cycling right now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg