Help Help Me Please!!!

NoahS

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
well my 1st tank attempt keeps getting worse, I left for vacation for 1 week and came back to this (s below) , I just want a good tank with some healthy fish :shifty: at this point I'm dead out of energy and answers but I really want this tank to survive so can someone help who knows a lot about keeping fish and the issues!

Thanks

Attachments

Herrwibi

Reaction score
How long has the tank been up and running for ?

How long are the lights kept in for, does the tank have access to sunlight ?

How often are water changes done ?

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
If you will go back and really read your previous thread with a calm open mind you will have all the answers you need to get this tank up and running.

Once you have done that you might still have questions and I am sure someone will be able to answer them. You have to take the time to understand the nitrogen cycle and once you do you will understand what you need to do.

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree with mattgirl, read all the information and advice you've received since July 2018 plus the private information you've gotten. Then come back if you still have questions.

Jimmie93

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
This is why you don't leave a light on for a week straight or month.. invest into a timer for the light run it 5-6 hours a day. And if the tank is near a window move it or put a cover over the window.

ebay

And I would dump everything in that tank and restart even the gravel/filter cartridges.

OP
NoahS

NoahS

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Smalltownfishfriend said:
Do you have fish in there?
no I dont

Jimmie93 said:
This is why you don't leave a light on for a week straight or month.. invest into a timer for the light run it 5-6 hours a day. And if the tank is near a window move it or put a cover over the window.

ebay

And I would dump everything in that tank and restart even the gravel/filter cartridges.
the only light on is the tiny tank light nothing bright enough for growth

Jimmie93

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
NoahS said:
no I dont

the only light on is the tiny tank light nothing bright enough for growth
That is way more then a weeks worth of algae but if the light can grow algae then it's enough for growth you have to clean a aquarium from the looks of it that tank hasn't been cleaned or touched in a month or two even the water level is down I'm shocked the filter didn't burn up.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom