Help me indentify this plant please.

NEWTANK

Reaction score
Hi I was recently given this plant and have no idea what it is can someone please help me identify it.

Attachments

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Looks similar to Ludwigia arcuata. Remove it from the pot and plant individual stems in groups of 2-3.

Addictedtobettas

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Leaning towards ludwigia or alternanthera. But yeah it’s tough to tell with the lighting.

Crypts don’t put out roots like that.

OP
NEWTANK

NEWTANK

Reaction score
bettafanatic said:
That to me looks like a cryptocoryne undulata. Hard to see clearly with the lights you have.
Could it possibly be Alternanthera reineckii ?

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks more like Ludwegia Repens Arcuata. Definitely not a crypt.

bettafanatic

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
NEWTANK said:
Could it possibly be Alternanthera reineckii ?
Possibly. Really hard to tell and the pink cryptocoryne undulata look very similar to the alternanthera reineckil. I really do not think it is ludwigia though.

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Crypt stems all come from the substrate. Like a sword plant. This a stem plant of some kind. Crypts do not have roots under leaves like this one does.

goldface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
We can definitely check crypts of any kind off the list.

Vishaquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The undersides of the leaves are making me lean toward Alternanthera reineckii. There is no ludwigia type that gets such a vibrant under-leaf color.

bettafanatic

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
StarGirl15 said:
Crypt stems all come from the substrate. Like a sword plant. This a stem plant of some kind. Crypts do not have roots under leaves like this one does.
I've honestly never once in my life owned a crypt but I've had various ludwigias through the years so I honeslty wouldn't know about the crypts and roots. What made me think of it is I was seriously considering the undulata and looking up various things about it a few weeks ago and decided against getting them but to me this pic looked similar to that plant (looking at the leaves). It does not however look like any ludwigias I've ever owned or seen (not saying it isn't one but i have never seen it if so). Ludwigias will get the occasional root growing under leaves but not to the extent of this pic.

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
bettafanatic said:
I've honestly never once in my life owned a crypt but I've had various ludwigias through the years so I honeslty wouldn't know about the crypts and roots. What made me think of it is I was seriously considering the undulata and looking up various things about it a few weeks ago and decided against getting them but to me this pic looked similar to that plant (looking at the leaves). It does not however look like any ludwigias I've ever owned or seen (not saying it isn't one but i have never seen it if so). Ludwigias will get the occasional root growing under leaves but not to the extent of this pic.
The excessive aerial roots might honestly be because it is rootbound in that pot and is trying to column-feed.

New Threads