Help me finish out my 46G

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by hcroark, Dec 8, 2012.

1. h

hcroark Valued Member Member

Check out my siggy to see what I've got in the 46. The 10 pristella tetra that's in the 10G will also go in the 46 in a couple weeks. I just bought them so they are hanging out in QT for a while. So in a couple weeks my 46 will look like this:

Female Pearl Gourami
    10 Pristella tetra
    5 Cories (should probably add just one more)
    2 male cherry barbs (these guys were adopted from another tank. I don't want to add any more even though I know they should be in a school).

I want to get 2 assassin snails to munch on the pond snails.
    So is this tank fully stocked? I feel like something is missing. Maybe another middle of the tank swimmer? I originally had my heart set on an angelfish but it seems that maybe I don't have the room now. What do u think? If NO on the angel what's one more centerpiece that would fit?

2. Daniostetras

Daniostetras Valued Member Member

A dwarf gourami might fit, however they are known to catch iridovirus. You could try another alternative such as the honey gourami or other gouramis. (probably a female since you already have another gourami)

I think you might be pushing it a little bit, but if you perform lots of maintenance then perhaps.

3. JRC3

JRC3 Well Known Member Member

I would add 2 or 3 more male CBs. Though they won't have females they do love company and like to dispaly for each other. ...And male CBs are beautiful fish as mature adults...I mean beautiful.

What type cories?

You might also consider nerite snails.

And IMO and IME you aren't pushing anything yet with tank size if you double up on filters. I would do that no matter what.

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I would add a few more corys to have close to 10.

You might find the cherry barbs develop into a problem, so that's something to keep an eye out for.

5. OP
    OP
    h

hcroark Valued Member Member

I'm not really feeling any more gourami.

I really didn't want snails to begin with. But I accidently wound up with pond snails. So I just want the assasins to take care of that problem.

I have a congo of cories. One julii, 3 skunk, and one bronze. I had way more than that but lost a few due to sporadic mini cycles when the tank was just getting going good. I'd really like another julii but just haven't ran across anymore at the lfs yet.

I really don't think I want any more CB. These guys were adopted from my parents tank who decided they didn't want it up anymore. So I took them just to be nice. These guys are already full grown. Probably 2-3 years old and have lived together all this time. They tussle and wrestle a bit but are mostly fine with each other. I may change my mind but I'm not feeling I want more at this time.

I have been considering extra filtration. I have an old Tetra Whisper for a 60G (on a 46G). Thinking about a sponge filter......

What about a single male swordtail to finish the tank off? That would make a nice centerpiece (since I, sadly, don't think I have the space left for the angel. Though I'm still debating it).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice