Help me do something with this boot-driftwood

KatLovesCoffee

I have this piece of driftwood here that looks like a boot. It’s awkward and kind of limiting. I considered splitting it. And I have these rocks.

I’m struggling to find an appealing hardscape setup. This is a 10g nano setup that will have some ember tetras in it, and an undecided centerpiece fish. Black diamond blasting sand for substrate, and a black backdrop. I mostly have various crypts and some water wisteria, but I’ll be diversifying my flora too.
Open to any and all suggestions regarding placement of scape and grading of substrate.

hit me with your best shot

-Kat

Attachments

• 5EA32669-EF78-4505-B9B2-8E0A089A6D19.jpeg
    5EA32669-EF78-4505-B9B2-8E0A089A6D19.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 67

BigManAquatics

For whatever reason, i am a big fan of propping wood like a bridge, so i would prop the wood up on the rocks on opposite ends. Don't ask me why lol

Upvote 0

shrimpyay

What if you tried standing that bigger rock up so that the sharp point is upwards and the more shallow slope is pointed towards the nearest edge of the tank, then flip the driftwood up and around so the long end points nearly straight up, shallow slope towards the opposite end of the tank, and arrange the smaller stone in front? It might be a neat asymmetrical "mt fuji" esque look. Not that I'm an expert or anything, and you probably already tried that, but. Just trying to help! That piece of driftwood looks awesome though, it's gonna look great however you position it!

Edit to say: It might be easier to arrange that with the substrate put in!

Upvote 0

KatLovesCoffee

What if you tried standing that bigger rock up so that the sharp point is upwards and the more shallow slope is pointed towards the nearest edge of the tank, then flip the driftwood up and around so the long end points nearly straight up, shallow slope towards the opposite end of the tank, and arrange the smaller stone in front? It might be a neat asymmetrical "mt fuji" esque look. Not that I'm an expert or anything, and you probably already tried that, but. Just trying to help! That piece of driftwood looks awesome though, it's gonna look great however you position it!

Edit to say: It might be easier to arrange that with the substrate put in!

Thanks for this. Instead of cramming it in my 10 I went out and bought a 20 long. I started a thread on it I’d your interested in following the tank. I always find Discussing the tank and planning it with likeminded folks are my favorite parts of the process.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JesseMoreira06
Replies
Views
faydout
Replies
Views
angelcraze
Replies