65 Gallon Tank Help me design my crested gecko enclosure!

ahouseofscales

Hi all! So I'm very excited- I'm getting a giant new enclosure for my crested gecko Asha! It is a used enclosure that was converted from a curio display cabinet. It is 6 feet tall, 2 feet wide at the largest point, and 1 foot deep. It's very well built and I'm excited to modify it for my use.

It will be a bioactive enclosure with live plants and bioactive substrate. It will have heating and UVB, and LED strip lighting on the inside top panel. I am going to build a PVC and expanding foam 'tree' in the left corner. It will be hollow and I will run a water feature up through it so that it will run from the top of the enclosure back down into the false bottom.

IMG_20210331_152730.jpg

Screenshot (69).png

Dark blue- false bottom
Light blue- water feature
Brown and grey- tree
Green- live plants

If anyone has any questions or ideas, feel free!

AggressiveAquatics

Here’s my thread I did not so long ago if you need ideas. If you need any help with what plants to pick or what is safe I’m sure Kribensis27 can help you out

Upvote 0

ahouseofscales

Here’s my thread I did not so long ago if you need ideas. If you need any help with what plants to pick or what is safe I’m sure Kribensis27 can help you out
Nice build! I'm probably going to use the plants that are in her current enclosure, so pothos and snake plants. I may try adding some ferns and other trailing plants on the 'tree' as well in built in planters.

Upvote 0

ahouseofscales

Little update, I picked up the enclosure yesterday! It isn't as deep as I thought it was so I modified my plans. I'm now going to expand the back to give the enclosure more depth. This also has the added advantage of allowing me to make a small paludarium area that is separated from the bioactive substrate and easily accessible.

Screenshot (70).png
Screenshot (71).png
Screenshot (73).png
Screenshot (72).png

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • ahouseofscales
  • Reptile
Replies
Views
ahouseofscales