Help me convince my friend!

bettasXD

Hi, I have a friend who breed her bettas and she just left the bettas in the breeding tank after they grew up. I am not sure how big it is. She didn’t jar any male! Also, she left the dead bodies in the tank. According to her, one female died and many male died. How do I convince her to separate them?

ForBettaorForWorse

If she left the bodies in there, I'm not really sure what you could say to get her to separate. She doesn't seem like she cares too much about their health, and saying they could all die might not help....

BassaraAhara

Hi, I have a friend who breed her bettas and she just left the bettas in the breeding tank after they grew up. I am not sure how big it is. She didn’t jar any male! Also, she left the dead bodies in the tank. According to her, one female died and many male died. How do I convince her to separate them?
She clearly does not know what she's doing, or is very neglectful. The males will fight to the death when they get to a certain age and the females are semi-aggressive but still aggressive. Their dead bodies will pile the ammonia which will poison the fish intensely and kill them all. Try asking her to sell the remaining bettas to a local pet store. If she won't listen to solid facts, the fish would be better off in someone who knows more about what they're doing, and won't risk their lives out of fear for bad sales. If not, this may be a bit of a stretch but If I were you, I would offer to adopt as many as I can. Clearly if they stay in their environment they won't last very long. Does her tank look big? What are the levels (if she'll tell you)?

bettasXD

She clearly does not know what she's doing, or is very neglectful. The males will fight to the death when they get to a certain age and the females are semi-aggressive but still aggressive. Their dead bodies will pile the ammonia which will poison the fish intensely and kill them all. Try asking her to sell the remaining bettas to a local pet store. If she won't listen to solid facts, the fish would be better off in someone who knows more about what they're doing, and won't risk their lives out of fear for bad sales. If not, this may be a bit of a stretch but If I were you, I would offer to adopt as many as I can. Clearly if they stay in their environment they won't last very long. Does her tank look big? What are the levels (if she'll tell you)?
I don’t even thinks she even tests the water. She also doesn’t know the size of the tank. I think it’s around 15-20g. Not very sure as she just gestured to me the approximate size of the tank and I have never seen a tank larger than 7g. She did say that the tank has pondweed. I don’t think she can sell them as she is only 13 like me(don’t think her parents will approve). I will try to ask her to jar the males or sell them. I can’t adopt them as I can’t get more tanks(my parents don’t let me) and I don’t think she’ll give one to me even if I had tanks because we are not that good of friends.
If she left the bodies in there, I'm not really sure what you could say to get her to separate. She doesn't seem like she cares too much about their health, and saying they could all die might not help....
I guess I just have to try to convince her. She has a tank of I think around 20g with 10-20 angles can’t remember what is the exact number but that is clearly overstocking.

BTW the bettas are around 7-12 months of age if that helps. She also said that she has many tanks(with fish) so she definitely have more fish tanks with other fish than the angle tank and betta tank that I do not know of.

I just asked her for pics. I hope she send me pics. That might help you guys guess how big the tank is.

bettasXD

I got the photos! Do you guys want to the photos of her other fish? The third photo is the betta’s tank. She got crabs, shrimp neon tetras, and a kind of weird white long fish that kinda look like dragons.
BE1A2FC7-8DD0-4DD2-90F0-2E0872867B34.jpeg
A561E15E-23E8-4EB6-93F4-9C6FF2793DC6.jpeg
D9AF70AB-6139-43CA-85A8-9EFB13056E6B.jpeg
7B7C25DA-911F-4730-8E42-D2B055B2C9ED.jpeg

bettasXD

Forgot to include, she says that there are no dead bodies in pic because they are already eaten up or rotted. Just going to post pics of her other tanks too.
Shrimp:
A9652D0A-C30D-4315-BE8C-4E05D4BE5C6A.jpeg
06627B3E-9534-4666-A5FE-DA4330730F61.jpeg
EBA57526-E1F1-4FB1-9537-44A3621986B8.jpeg
B80574E9-836B-44B5-8EB2-3F4FB2DA4414.jpeg
Neon tetras:

64AA6329-1B12-4AB5-8086-F94AD71CF824.jpeg
0995C36C-D357-478B-B570-FC21BBECD97A.jpeg
414EA878-E7BC-48E5-94EC-6DBD306DC264.jpeg
Weird dragon like fish(1st pic has another blurry fish at the back):
748EE425-5790-4753-8EAB-6EDB527B9F90.jpeg
268FF5F4-0617-482E-B484-EEF1AD3F79E2.jpeg
6F1E65B6-9065-4EFD-BEA2-B3B1ED52AE48.jpeg

Does these tanks look clean or neglected?

SouthAmericanCichlids

I think the dragon-like fish is a bicher.

The on with the (Maybe) bicher looks like it hasn't the best care, the shrimp tank looks spic and span though.

bettasXD

Well, I didn’t manage to convince her but I did convince her to step up on wc. Should help lower the ammonia for those that are alive.

FoldedCheese

Yikes. If only she could care about the bettas/other fish as much as she seems to care about her shrimp tank. I don't understand it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Repolie
Replies
Views
Fishkeeping7777
Replies
Views
Bwood22
Replies
Views