help me breed my discus 90 Gallon Tank

1. joshua 74 Member Member

i would like 2 breed my discus bt im not shore how and what is the best way. i have a lorge discus book but every person i ask tels me different things lol. is it betta 2 have no rocks in your tank when u brred them or what do u poot in the tank. do i pout just the 2 fish in the tank how big should the tank be do the discus need 2 be of the same sise plz help. ow and look on my profile 2 c my fish i have 3 a big blue dimond discus a red dragon discus that is yellow weard and im not thore what the other discus is plz help.

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

3. ifixoldhouses Member Member

You need a confirmed pair first, then put them in a 29 gallon with a breeding cone, sponge filter, and get the water right.

4. Slug Well Known Member Member

I agree with the above. You can breed them in just about any size tank, but a smaller (no less then 20gals) will give the fry a better chance to attach to the parents after they hatch.

I'd go for a bare tank, nothing but a heater, filter, and something for them to lay eggs on like a cone. It needs to be easy to clean and maintain.

The fish in your gallery look to be a pigeon blood and a red turquoise.

5. joshua 74 Member Member

thanks im not shore ppl say they when they pair up they swim close together well every day my fish switch around 1 is always left out and its neva the same fish. thanks 4 your replies