help me breed my discus 90 Gallon Tank

1. joshua 74

joshua 74 Member Member

i would like 2 breed my discus bt im not shore how and what is the best way. i have a lorge discus book but every person i ask tels me different things lol. is it betta 2 have no rocks in your tank when u brred them or what do u poot in the tank. do i pout just the 2 fish in the tank how big should the tank be do the discus need 2 be of the same sise plz help. ow and look on my profile 2 c my fish i have 3 a big blue dimond discus a red dragon discus that is yellow weard and im not thore what the other discus is plz help.

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

3. ifixoldhouses

ifixoldhouses Member Member

You need a confirmed pair first, then put them in a 29 gallon with a breeding cone, sponge filter, and get the water right.

4. Slug

Slug Well Known Member Member

I agree with the above. You can breed them in just about any size tank, but a smaller (no less then 20gals) will give the fry a better chance to attach to the parents after they hatch.

I'd go for a bare tank, nothing but a heater, filter, and something for them to lay eggs on like a cone. It needs to be easy to clean and maintain.

The fish in your gallery look to be a pigeon blood and a red turquoise.

5. OP
    OP
    joshua 74

joshua 74 Member Member

thanks im not shore ppl say they when they pair up they swim close together well every day my fish switch around 1 is always left out and its neva the same fish. thanks 4 your replies