Help me! Bought a used 75 gallon tank

1. l

lyzard New Member Member

So I have a 75 gallon used tank and I have it sitting in my garage filled with water to make sure it doesn't leak. Now my question is 1st. There are tiny bubbles along some of the sealant not in the sealant. Is this normal? 2nd I noticed there is a chunk of sealant missing not all the way it's like a indent in one of the corners of the tank almost to the bottom should I fix it and if I do can I just fill in the indent with silicon or do I have to take the whole strip out and redo it?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Hi lyzard, Welcome to Fishlore!

Pictures would be very helpful, but I think that the bubbles your are describing on top of the silicone bead are just and accumulation of microbubbles common in new tanks or after water changes. What concerns me is the missing piece of silicone you describe. i have seen this before, but most of the time its just a minor transition while the silicone bead was being laid and does not effect the tanks integrity. If it looks like something damaged the bead or it was cut away, I would be concerned, if its just a indentation and everything is smooth, I wouldn't be concerned too much, but again, pictures are best. Any idea on what you plan on stocking it with ? Thanks.

3. OP
    OP
    l

lyzard New Member Member

Unfortunately I can not get a pic because the tank is filled with water. But u can feel that there is still silicon there. The best I could describe it is their was a big bubble and it popped and put an indent in the sealant. And I have a 30 gallon set up right now if 3 nice size goldfish!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum