Help Matching To Phosphate Test Color Card

AWheeler

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Does the 0.0 have a yellowish tint to it at all? Could you hold the tester straight up and down or put it on a table?

OP
Nada Mucho

Nada Mucho

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
APierce said:
Does the 0.0 have a yellowish tint to it at all? Could you hold the tester straight up and down or put it on a table?
I don't see yellow in any of them but my eyes aren't the best. Here is a shot straight up and down. The card and the tube are hands free. I think I'm going to run the test again.

AWheeler

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
hmmm, is your water looking a little rusty today? or did you recently add some iron or something?

OP
Nada Mucho

Nada Mucho

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok honestly I think you need to read this test right at the 3 minute mark. The color changes, it gets thicker, etc if you let it sit. Here is a new test where I took the picture 3 mins 30 seconds after the last shaking and it's a whole lot different. 0.25 ppm would you say?

AWheeler

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
lol, that one looks like it is .25 for sure. The other one had me trying to do chemistry in my brain and my brain was starting to scream at me

OP
Nada Mucho

Nada Mucho

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
APierce said:
lol, that one looks like it is .25 for sure. The other one had me trying to do chemistry in my brain and my brain was starting to scream at me
It's a grudge I have against people from PA. Probably because I was born and raised there. Thank you very much for helping out a clueless rookie.

AWheeler

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
There does seem to be a few people here from PA! It's amazing none of us know each other....or do we hahaha.

OP
Nada Mucho

Nada Mucho

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Born Pittsburgh. Raised Bradford. College IUP (not that I finished). Finally I was liberated... to Jersey.

AWheeler

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I live about 1.5 hours north of Pittsburgh, but lived there for a short time from 99-00. I was born in Meadville, raised near Conneaut Lake park. I've been out of the state once...to Texas, 2 1/2 months was more than enough heat for me haha.

OP
Nada Mucho

Nada Mucho

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
APierce said:
I live about 1.5 hours north of Pittsburgh, but lived there for a short time from 99-00. I was born in Meadville, raised near Conneaut Lake park. I've been out of the state once...to Texas, 2 1/2 months was more than enough heat for me haha.
We played football against Meadville and I think I remember them having killer band. Bradford is way up on the NY state border. One hour from Buffalo and way too much snow. I've been to Conneaut Lake several times but the one we went to every summer was Kennywood Park in Pittsburgh. That is basically the dream of my childhood... the thing I remember most.

Geoff

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You guys on the other end. I'm in the Poconos. But I work in North Jersey. I was in Pittsburgh a few months ago visiting my nephew. He goes to Pitt.

AWheeler

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Conneaut Lake park is nothing compared to what it was like when we were kids, it is ran down now.....though if you go during October they've got a good thing going with "ghost lake".... I actually have never been to kennywood, but i've heard it is nice!

I've been to the Poconos before Geoff, very nice place! My BIL goes to Pitt

OP
Nada Mucho

Nada Mucho

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Geoff said:
You guys on the other end. I'm in the Poconos. But I work in North Jersey. I was in Pittsburgh a few months ago visiting my nephew. He goes to Pitt.
Moved from PA to Morristown then over to Glen Rock in Bergen County. Pitt is a great school. My Dad and Mom both went there. He stole her keys while working at a parking garage to get her number. He lived in an apartment that overlooked the old Forbes Field and watched Pirate games for free.

Skied in the Poconos a few times but like Pittsburgh the memory I have around there is Action Park in Vernan, NJ. The entire place was run by stoned teenagers and young adults so you could do whatever you wanted. I don't know how many deaths they had there but it was several. LOVE that place.

Geoff

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I work at Picatinny Arsenal in Morris County, been to Mo-town a few times for drinks. I'd been to Traction Park (ha!) several times as a kid but more recently been there for skiing. I grew up skiing on Shawnee Mountain but when I got older I found I liked Camelback better.

My nephew LOVES Pitt and Pittsburgh.

OP
Nada Mucho

Nada Mucho

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
APierce said:
APierce did you ever visit Cook's Forest? It's 322 then up through Clarion? We spent a long weekend there every summer. Road horses, canoed down the Clarion river, which sucked in the summer because there was like 2 inches of water flowing but still... lovely place.

OP
Nada Mucho

Nada Mucho

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Geoff said:
I work at Picatinny Arsenal in Morris County, been to Mo-town a few times for drinks. I'd been to Traction Park (ha!) several times as a kid but more recently been there for skiing. I grew up skiing on Shawnee Mountain but when I got older I found I liked Camelback better.

My nephew LOVES Pitt and Pittsburgh.
I've skied all three of those hills... (haha he said traction park... obviously a local) and I used to cruise for girls with my metal hair in the 80s at Rockaway mall. In fact my buddy's girlfriend was in some Eddie Money video "I wanna go back" that they filmed at Rockaway high school in 1987.

On another note the only place I've ever been arrested was on the green in Morristown. My mother never let me take the minivan out again.

AWheeler

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
We went on vacation there last summer and the summer before....and I spent many days/weeks there as a child/teen (Cook's Forest). I got to ride horses a couple of times, I always loved climbing the fire tower and doing the trails though! I never canoed down the river but we were talking about it last year and were going to but we got stormed out! I actually told my husband that I wanted to live off grid and build a shack up there when we are old

I've been to the Grand Canyon of PA as well, that was always an awesome place!

Geoff

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Haha I go to the Rockaway Mall sometimes on my lunch break. It's right on the other side of I-80 from work.

New Threads