Help! Loach developed a growth

EequalsMcichlidSquare

04CB0DDF-8AE5-4EE0-A9DB-9111F2DC4271.jpeg
Hello,
thank you to anyone viewing this, first time using a forum. I REALLY, really could use help. This growth started out on my clown loach about 2 weeks ago and keeps growing in size. I’ve have fish tanks for many years and never seen or delt with anything like this. It’s turning into a headache trying to figure this out, and also treat him without harming his tank mates. I feel bad. If any one could held please do, I’d really appreciate it!

Here’s a closer up of him if this helps any

Demeter

The problem with growths on fish is they are not really treatable. Tumors and other tissue growths can be removed fairly easily if it’s on the fins or very superficial on the body. This would of course need to be done using clove oil to sedate the fish.

Sadly, that growth looks untreatable to me. If it is a tumor and it’s growing that fast it could very well be cancerous. If it is more of a swelling due to infection it could be treated but it will take a lot of time.

You can try antibiotics and hope for the best but I’m not optimistic. It may get worse before it gets better. Best case scenario the growth ruptures and the body pushes out the nastiness, then the skin heals up. This can happen but I’ve only had it occur in bettas and they recovered just fine.

Latest threads

Top Bottom