HELP! little yellow-orange spots

Tamara

There's 4 dalmation mollies that are about 2 months old. 2 of them have 1 yellow-orange spot on them, I haven't been around lately so my mom's been looking after my fish and they seem perfectly fine except for the one spot on the two fish, The water is a little cloudyier though...I changed about 40-60% of the water about 4-5 days ago, and it's never gotten this cloudy this quick...what's amatter?

atmmachine816

I'v never heard of an orange spot before but if your water is still cloudy I would think you would still need to be doing water changes and check your filter till it goes away. Could it just be a color pattern they are developing? Any signs of something wrong with them? Do you have a test kit you can test your water with?

Austin

Tamara

Ammonia=0, nitrItes=0.50...it's been steady like that for a while now...Nothing can get it down, I don't have the nitrAtes test thing and the ph=6.9 and that's good. I am doing a water change, but I realized I don't have water conditioner and can't get any for 3 or 4 days so i'm kind of stuck with half the water...because I don't know if my tap water is that harmful..it's not bad, but it might not be very good that's why I asked in another thread about a water conditioner subsitute.

atmmachine816

I never condition my water just let it sit out for a day and all the chloring should be gone and it should be good to use unless your water is really bad, that's what I do. Nitrites are high though. Constant water changes should bring them down, might be going through a minI cycle or not fully cycled yet.

Tamara

Someone here I forget who but someone told me that it's a minI cycle, because i've already had my tank for about 3-4 months and the cycle finished in about 2 weeks, so it is partially a minI cycle I guess.

atmmachine816

You probably want to keep doing daily water changes till it goes down, that's how I got mine down in my little tank. Just make sure you let enough water sit out the day before and it should be good.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom