Help kids threw toys in tanks

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Demontay1, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Demontay1

Demontay1 Well Known Member Member

Ok so i come home too food and toyd throughout my aquariums my fish are really sick and my betta has cotton like fungus all iver him please help what treatments can i do i have completely changed all the water as some toys had batterues and fished all the debried food out bornthisway betta please help me i dont want too loose my betta he is my baby and Andy any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydro Well Known Member Member

Andy? My name is Andrew! Close enough, Andrew to Mandrew to the rescue!

I would continue to do 90% water changes daily for a week or so, take out all of the decorations if possible and rinse them very thoroughly. Tons of carbon in the filter to remove anything that may have leeched into the water. That's about all that comes to mind at the moment.

3. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

Ive rinsed the plants i have added carbom im getting some stress coat as we soeak running too tje shops

4. E

Et tu Valued Member Member

Agree with all of the above, now about those children, whoever was minding them needs to re-asses their thought process. Hope your fish pull through.

5. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

Ive already had a length chat with my brother inlaw and i jave told him any fish tht is lost will be replaced no questions asked atm trying too save my betta i doubht he will pull through i will upload a picture of my poor gis the minute im home with his medication

6. LiterallyHydro

Likewise, hope everything will pull through.

7. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

Heres a pic of gus

Attached Files:

8. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Hi there! Sorry about your fish, and sorry that I didn't reply earlier! I think LiterallyHydro has given you some pretty sound advice on what to do as far as the water and tank goes. As for the betta, post a picture to help us identify what we may be dealing with. As for a fungus, if it is a fungus, I had great success using Seachem Kanaplex with a molly that was infected.

Hope he pulls through and good luck. :)

9. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

I got some blue planet fungul cure so i hope it works cant stabd too loose my baby amd ive followed the advice from everyone here thankyou all for getting back too me so quickly i just went i to panic mode ive never haf anytjing like this happen before

10. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

BTWB i have uploaded a pic of gus for u scooped him out to get a pic hes very lethargic atm

11. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, it definitely looks like he's got something going on with him, that's for sure. Thing is, it's hard to tell if it's from the toys or from a fungus. In my personal opinion, I would treat for the fungus. Might wait for other's advice though, on this.

12. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

I am treating for the fungus to be save cover all bases too be 100% sure

13. LiterallyHydro

Looks like a fungal infection. The only risk though with treating something as a precaution is sometimes it can also make the fish even more stressed from the medication. Which would make the problem worse if it wasn't a fungal infection to begin with.

14. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

Im aware but he definitly needs a fungul medication as i do not want too loose my baby i will let you all know how they go over nect couole days and if i loose any fish from either tanks

15. LiterallyHydro

Hope everything will be alright.

16. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

I hope so to but let it be said if my fish survive the shock and everything goes to show they will ne able too pull throigh anytjing with a vigilante fish enthusiast like myself

I just hope they do in my large tank i habe some delicate fish haha neons and corydoras wich im hoping will oneday breed for me

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2015
  17. LiterallyHydro

Hopefully that is the case. But also hope that they never have to go through similar again.

18. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

I hope so i am buying a lid for my tank so this never haooens again

19. LiterallyHydro

Not a bad idea. It's also good to have a lid so the fish are unable to jump out of the aquarium. By buying a lid, you could be preventing multiple possible tragedies.

20. K

Kaelajay04 New Member Member

I think you are getting some ideal help. Dose he have a filter?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice