Help ! Keep Loosing Fish

Rgdacs

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HI Guys,

Back again - Seems like I am fighting a losing battle here.

Last week I posted about my Bolivian that ended up passing away; yesterday another Angel passed. Not sure why/what is happening.

90 Gal, heavily planted, 78 F

Tank is cycled: 0/0/10-20; I did a ~70% water change last week after the Bolivian died and normally do about 30~40% weekly
PH is 6.8

Fish have no signs whatsoever of anything wrong, then one day out of the blue they look lethargic and don't come out to eat, then the next day its over.

Stock:
4 guppies
5 Neons (originally had 12, and 7 disappeared at the very beginning, within a week or so, no losses since)
3 Swords
5 Kuhlis
2 Otos (Once the death spree subsides I will be adding more since I know they like to be in groups)
2 Denison Bars (I know the water is a bit warm for them, poor purchase from when I first set it up, but they have been with me since day one now, or about 2/2.5 months).
1 GBR

Recent deaths:
2 angels
1 Bolivian

Any idea what could be causing this ?
I was previously using Excel but discovered that it could be harmful so I stopped a couple weeks ago, now I am only using Flourish.

Aquaphobia

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
This sounds similar to what happened to my sorority girls. The suspect in hindsight was likely a fast-moving strain of columnaris.

CindiL

OP
R

Rgdacs

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Aquaphobia said:
This sounds similar to what happened to my sorority girls. The suspect in hindsight was likely a fast-moving strain of columnaris.

CindiL

I've tried reading up on Collumnaris but it doesn't seem like this is super fast spreading and I also don't see any physical signs at all on the bodies before or even after death; from what I understand there would be some physical signs, in fact, my angel looked better recently that it did before (note these two angels likely introduced whatever this was - they were new, 2-3 weeks and I did not quarantine

Should I be considering a methylene bath ?

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you are thinking it is columnaris a heavier med will need to be used. Had an issue like this and used kanaplex and fungus cure and beat it out of my tank. Mine showed no signs of injury or illness before they dropped I just kept finding bodies every morning/evening (I lost a total of twelve fish), mine didn't even act lethargic.

New Threads