Help just bought 2 angels 1 maybe be a bad fish?

Chad8282
Just bought 2 from pet smart 1 is very disoriented while the other is active and eating food already around the tank this one though I can reach in and scoop him up he does not intensely react like the other normal ones do he just sits on the top of the water almost in a face up vertical way my parameters are ok I just think it was on petsmarts end because in there quarantine tank they had two basically dead angel fish stuck upside down in the plants so I think maybe a bad shipment but his friend I got with him is in perfectly good condition nothing seems off but maybe he just adjusted quicker because I just put them in a few hours ago? He still just doesn’t act normal and I’m concerned it’s another bad fish from petsmart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 64

Advertisement
Chad8282
The “heathy” one is on bottom right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 65

Advertisement
Addictedtobettas
I will never buy fish from petsmart again. I decided to get a rather bullied angelfish from there a while back, against my better judgement. Put them in the quarantine tank. They were ill from the moment I got them until 5 days later when they died.
Medicated the tank. Wc every day. Planted lightly. Balanced parameters.

But their staff has been less knowledgeable than petco staff around here and the fish pay for that.

Take care of the fish and keep the water clean. Not much more to do unless you know what they’re sick with.

Chad8282
I will never buy fish from petsmart again. I decided to get a rather bullied angelfish from there a while back, against my better judgement. Put them in the quarantine tank. They were ill from the moment I got them until 5 days later when they died.
Medicated the tank. Wc every day. Planted lightly. Balanced parameters.

But their staff has been less knowledgeable than petco staff around here and the fish pay for that.

Take care of the fish and keep the water clean. Not much more to do unless you know what they’re sick with.
Yep me and my friend refuse to buy from there but surprisingly they are the only restocking fish store out of several petcos and petsmarts near me and I just bought corrys yesterday and they died this morning when I went to return them today is when I got this now potentially sick angel and same thing happened 3 weeks before 2 corrys I got died and a gold ram and it’s the same with my friend he had an ich that wiped an entire tank of his

ttltrashmammal
The associate there told my mom that she could put 4 tiger barbs, a rainbow shark and 2 angelfish in her 30 gallon tank. She doesn't know much about fish so she bought them, and one of them developed severe SBD and the other is currently sitting in my betta's tank (separated by the net) to be returned tomorrow. They're giving us a refund fortunately.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Chad8282
Replies
Views
Chad8282
  • Question
Replies
Views
Sedna
Replies