Help, Is This Platy Pregnant?

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I would say that she is, and I wouldn't expect but a few more days or less.
You can raise the fry if you want, move them to a separate tank with plenty of hiding spots.
If you don't then they will get eaten in the main tank depending on the fish you have.

Adrian Burke

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I usually do not recommend separating the fry and the mother, although I am not sure about this particular species. If you have any large or aggressive fish in the tank, I would recommend moving the mother and the fry. But look up the parenting habits of the fish.

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Looks like it to me. One way to help prevent 100% of the fry being eaten is plant your tank so the fry have plenty of places to hide.

cfgb78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would say that she is, and I wouldn't expect but a few more days or less.
You can raise the fry if you want, move them to a separate tank with plenty of hiding spots.
If you don't then they will get eaten in the main tank depending on the fish you have.
Thanks this is my 10gal tank and she is the only on e in that tank now, I moved the rest to my 55gal tank so when she gives birth move her over there?

Looks like it to me. One way to help prevent 100% of the fry being eaten is plant your tank so the fry have plenty of places to hide.
She is the only one in that tank at the moment the rest are in my 55gal would you still suggest planting it even if she is the only one?

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
She is the only one in that tank at the moment the rest are in my 55gal would you still suggest planting it even if she is the only one?
I would. I moved the platy into a birth tank then when the fry were born i moved the platy back into the original tank and i have lost only one.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom