Help! Is this blood Im looking at?

PlasmoticOdysse

I noticed this (apologies for poor picture hard to get a good one) on my dwarf flame gourami recently and I have NO idea what had happend or what is going on.
I have a 20g tall and these are my parameters
Ammo - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 20ppm
Ph - 7.2

Stocking is one flame gourami
One blue gourami
5 zebra danios
2 dwarf orange lobsters

I have no clue whats happening but slowly it seems he has been getting worse. I dont have a hospital tank and my 20g long is still cycling but im stumped as to what's going on to be honest. He looks rough and I dont want the poor guy to pass away :( can anyone give me some insight as what could be going on and just point me in the right direction of what to do?

Attachments

• 20220410_220246.jpg
    20220410_220246.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 20

JuiceKong

I have no experience with this disease but I just have to throw iridovirus dwarf gourami disease out there. Bad genetics, there is no way to treat this. See if others agree that this looks like DGD. Really the only way this can be combated is to stop buying dwarf gouramis in the future.
Your blue gourami is at risk. If you are able to get a second tank or tub set up real quick and get the gouramis separated you might save the blue gourami. I am sorry this sounds so grim.

Hellfishguy

Has the blue gourami shown any aggression towards the dwarf?

PeterFishKeepin

looks like his tail is pretty shreded up but that could just be the quality of the photo, perhaps he has had fin nipping from other fish, then started getting sick, it worsened and now its developed into this?

thats a thought not necassarily correct

PlasmoticOdysse

looks like his tail is pretty shreded up but that could just be the quality of the photo, perhaps he has had fin nipping from other fish, then started getting sick, it worsened and now its developed into this?

thats a thought not necassarily correct
His tail has been healing so it's mostly translucent. The photo doesnt do it justice and show his tail fin has healed but just lacking in color. But Hellfishguy I've seen the other sometime show aggression towards the flame gourami. But nothing on a scale of drawing blood or actual fights. So Im confused as to why the flame gourami is just in bad shape. He still eats but kinda swims a little off which is hard for me to describe without footage. He still swims around and stuff but not as, how to say, active as usual. But not to the scale of lethargy. But to add to it, his feelers have appeared to shortend and one, (again unable to describe with footage and unable to get a quality photo) looks like it has split. Looks like when you split a wood log down the middle if that makes any sense

PeterFishKeepin

you said, 2 dwarf orang eloster in stocking, perhaps the gourami was resting/asleep, the lobster thought he/she was food/dead fish and gave him/her a pinch on tail and now the fish has a mark on it from claw?

just a thought not nessessarily the reason

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
KTshrimp
Replies
Views
KinderScout
Replies
Views
hdowell