Help is my shrimp dying

Minoul

Reaction score
She acts like she’s fighting something inside herself and I saw her just floating in some bubbles earlier-is she gonna die should I take her out of the tank?

Best Answer - View -Mak-'s answer

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That shrimp is dying if it's not already dead by the time you get this, do yo have anymore in the tank

OP
Minoul

Minoul

Reaction score
richiep said:
That shrimp is dying if it's not already dead by the time you get this, do yo have anymore in the tank
Yes I have more shrimp parameters are 0amm 7.4ph 0nitrite 20 nitrate KH is around 3 GH is around 10 what’s killing my shrimp

OP
Minoul

Minoul

Reaction score
richiep said:
She’s the only one that seems “sick” the rest seem fine

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looking at the size its possibly age, I can't see any moult issues or disease, how long have you had them and if its within the last few weeks did you acclimatise them

OP
Minoul

Minoul

Reaction score
richiep said:
Looking at the size its possibly age, I can't see any moult issues or disease, how long have you had them and if its within the last few weeks did you acclimatise them
Acclimated for 2 hours drip method, I use tap water conditioned with prime is that a problem

OP
Minoul

Minoul

Reaction score
richiep said:
Got them about a week ago

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Minoul said:
Acclimated for 2 hours drip method, I use tap water conditioned with prime is that a problem
You done right there its so difficult as the otherd are fine except this one this is why at the moment I think its age

OP
Minoul

Minoul

Reaction score
richiep said:
how old is the tank
The tank is technically 2 months old since moving home from college, around 6 or 7 if you count the time it was running at college

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sometimes it just happens. She will die, but if there's no disease, which there doesn't appear to be as richiep mentioned, the others should be unaffected. If it happens again may be difficult adjustment to your water.

OP
Minoul

Minoul

Reaction score
richiep said:
I've looked at the video 3 or 4 times and can't see anything, take some photos of the others
Oh I mean that the tank’s bio filter has been established for that long, I only have about 10 shrimp new last week

OP
Minoul

Minoul

Reaction score
-Mak- said:
Sometimes it just happens. She will die, but if there's no disease, which there doesn't appear to be as richiep mentioned, the others should be unaffected. If it happens again may be difficult adjustment to your water.
So they can be kept in tap water dechlorinated with prime? That’s the only thing that I could see as the issue

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Minoul said:
So they can be kept in tap water dechlorinated with prime? That’s the only thing that I could see as the issue
Dechlorinated tap is fine. It's just that it can be stressful to adjust to new parameters, especially if the water they came in is quite different from yours

Not saying this is the case but it's something that can happen

OP
Minoul

Minoul

Reaction score
-Mak- said:
Dechlorinated tap is fine. It's just that it can be stressful to adjust to new parameters, especially if the water they came in is quite different from yours

well I got a berried from the seller and the babies are in a grow out tank, at least they might be able to continue the line

OP
Minoul

Minoul

Reaction score
-Mak- said:

Should I still remove her though she is not dead yet?

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
TBH I'd rather see this one die and the others stay well its just and isolated case, nice looking female as well, did you have young in college
The others will eat her thats the norm

OP
Minoul

Minoul

Reaction score
richiep said:
TBH I'd rather see this one die and the others stay well its just and isolated case, nice looking female as well, did you have young in college
The others will eat her thats the norm
I only got them a week ago
I guess I’ll keep her in there