Help! Injury?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Bailey Oswald, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Bailey Oswald

Bailey OswaldWell Known MemberMember

I noticed under the right eye of my orange-finned loach a white, raised mark that looks like a possible injury. It was really close to the eye, but not on the eye. I couldn't get any pictures, he's shy and fast. How could I treat this?

2. Ed204

Ed204Well Known MemberMember

Hello,
    Do you have a picture of him.
    Are there are any sharp objects in the tank?
    Is there an other fish in the tank?

3. OP
    OP
    Bailey Oswald

No sharp objects. A skirt tetra, platy, minnow.
    Decor:
    Large cave
    Large plastic plant
    Rock thingy
    Floating driftwood

He loves to burrow. Recently has jumped in the filter a couple times, but was unharmed.

No pictures. Too fast and shy.

4. Ed204

Could be the Skirt Tetra. But it could be the platy as well. Have you seen any signs of agression from them towards the betta?

It would be great if you could take a picture, so we can solve the problem and know what it is.

To let him heal in peace, I would seperate him into another tank or move the other two fish into another tank.

If it's agression you can put some aquarium salt in there to prevent infection.

5. OP
    OP
    Bailey Oswald

It's not a betta. It's an orange-finned loach. No aggression from any of the other fish, and hes much bigger than them.

I have a mystery snail in there, so to treat with salt id have to separate him to a separate tank (and that's a feat, catching him )

I know, I wish i could get a photo.

6. OP
    OP
    Bailey Oswald

No longer seeing the white mark. Could be the lighting. I'll keep an eye on him.

7. Ed204

Alright, is the white mark small or big?

8. OP
    OP
    Bailey Oswald

It was pretty big. A white line under his eye. No longer seeing it under either eye.

9. Ed204

Alright, just make sure to keep an eye on it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice