Help! Injured rabbit snail 10 Gallon Tank | Page 3

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Cyndi Warren, Jan 15, 2013.

1. OP
    OP
    Cyndi Warren

Cyndi WarrenValued MemberMember

Thanks! I will get back to you on this as soon as I can. :)

2. OP
    OP
    Cyndi Warren

In doing some reading, I learned that rabbit snails can hurt themselves on gravel. Sometimes they get turned over and can't right themselves or worse. In learning to take care of abu, I am switching to sand. In addition, since I love plants, and have wanted a planted tank, I also bought plant substrate.

The floramax bag says it has a lot of minerals in it. It does not mention copper but I want to be sure. I posted in the tank equipment forum, too, but I thought I'd ask here since you are are so familiar with inverts. Thanks!!

3. OP
    OP
    Cyndi Warren

4. kb9plc

kb9plcWell Known MemberMember

I didn't know that about rabbit snails!
    I know some fish absolutley need sand or super-dooper tiny sand-like gravel because of their barbels (think: cories)..... and I know MTS prefer sand, but can live in polished pebble substrated (read: no sharp edges)..... BUT I didn't know this bit of info about the rabbit snails. Definitley good to know!

I've never used floramax so I have no input on that :(
    Some of my tanks are polished pebble substrate.... and some of them are super tiny gravel that is just slightly larger than sand (thou the bag actually says 'sand').

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice