Help inactive Bronze cory!!!

carissa

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a Bronze cory just 1 and I have been hearing that u should have at least 2 is that true? Also I was having a problem because I never see him/her eat, EVER! but today I put in some turbiex worms cause I heard they like the, but he did not eat them. So are Bronze corries nocturnal when they eat???

Daac

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ok I just read that you have a 1 gallon tank... you sholuld not have any fish in a 1 gallon tank. For cories you need at least 10 gallons. For guppies you also need at least like 10 gallons. Do not get more fish for that tank. Your cory may be inactive due to off water parameters... a one gallon tank is not a stable tank for anything. You could have maybe shrimp or maybe a betta in that but that is it.

OP
C

carissa

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
well the box said at least 5 fish can go in there so I have like some guppies!

Daac

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
To tell the truth the people that sell fish and supplies will unfortunately say anything to make a sale. I have learned this many times over and it is very sad. Also, you may want to look up the nitrogen cycle. Understanding it will really help with keeping fish. I think the reason your cory may not be eating is because there is too much ammonia or nitrites in the tank. Your tank needs a lot of time to cycle and I saw that you set it up very recently. It will really help if you go to fishlore's home page and then go onto the freswater fish section. If you look up the fish that you want like guppies first, it will tell you everything you need to know about them.

OP
C

carissa

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ok sure I can do that!! thank u so much!!

Daac

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My pleasure. This site has many articles that can teach loads of information to everyone... problem is many new people don't know they are there. If you can you may want to test your water.

New Threads