Help identifying

CRobertson

I have 5 gallon with just cherry shrimp and 5 baby (maybe a month old) mystery snails in it. I woke up to what appears to be newly born snails and these little pods all over the tank. You can see the “newborns” below the pod on the glass. Are these snails, or shrimp or something else? They are so tiny that even when I zoom in I’m not positive. A couple of them resemble snails but I don’t have any mature snails in that tank so I don’t understand what I’ve got going on? Thanks so much in advance.

Coradee

They look like pest/pond snail eggs to me. The adults don’t have to be that big to lay eggs & sometimes you don’t even know you have a snail until you see eggs on the glass.
Hang on for some other opinions

Upvote 0

CRobertson

They look like pest/pond snail eggs to me. The adults don’t have to be that big to lay eggs & sometimes you don’t even know you have a snail until you see eggs on the glass.
Hang on for some other opinions
These are what was in my 40 gallon, with my mystery snails. I assumed they were mystery snail babies so I moved them to my 5 gallon so the crayfish wouldn’t eat them. This is the biggest one in the 5 gallon.

Upvote 0

Coradee

Yes pond/pest snail, our snail aficianados will be able to identify exactly what type

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Those are bladder or pond snails. The eggs are always in little jelly sacs like that. Ramshorn have the same jelly eggs like that too. You will have lots for your cray to eat soon....lol

Upvote 0

Dennis57

They look like bladder snails to me

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
smee82
  • Question
Replies
Views
OakTree1357