Help identifying snails that hitchhiked on a plant

Poshia11

Hi! I set up my 5 gallon second tank a couple of weeks ago, and apparently there were some snail eggs that came in on a plant. We first saw 4 snails, now about 6-7 more. Could someone please help me identify what kind of snails they are and if these are ones that are not helpful to add to/harmful to a tank? I attached a picture of a couple of the snails and what I assume are more eggs in my tank.

I have a 20 gallon tank that has been established about two years (with tetras, harlequin rasboras, pleco, corys), and want to transition it to a 40 gallon breeder since it is getting a little crowded. I don't want to add any of these snails to my main tank if they are going to reproduce like crazy. I need to understand more about what these snails are and how they would work in my tank. I also need to try to deal with the extra eggs if there is more of an explosion of numbers coming.

Any information would be appreciated!

IMG_0782.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 10

StarGirl

They are Bladder snails. They are harmless but will breed very fast if you overfeed the tank.

Poshia11

Thanks so much for the response. I really appreciate the information.

JustAFishServant

Thanks so much for the response. I really appreciate the information.
Aka tadpole snails. I really like them, they're smart and have a lot of personality :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Arrow1oo
  • Snails
Replies
Views
mimo91088
Replies
Views
Chiasmodon
Replies
Views