Help Identifying Possible Disease Or Infection?

Aertymis

Reaction score
85868CA5-A5EC-4DD6-8CDB-CCAC87E199D1.jpeg
2307727F-D1AE-4A6D-AAAE-EE9B1D4F9A3E.jpeg
A6A6A304-E81A-4C92-BBD4-0F16693821FC.jpeg
68A6A3C9-47F3-4CEE-8710-2C9AB8DDDC76.jpeg
Hi! So I went to Petco the other day and found this incredibly ill looking betta male. I decided to see if I could help him out by giving a new (better) home.

He is now in a 4 gallon tank with a heater and a filter, plenty of decor and hiding spaces as well as rocks for the floor. I do 25% water changes every weekend and turkey baste up particles of food that drop.

Now that you’re aware of his living situation, I’d like to know if anyone can help me identify what is going on with him so that I can help treat it properly!

I’ll post pictures but he’s pretty elusive and hard to photograph well. He has what appears to be some fin-rot going on, but also some red spotting in the tips of his fins that I’ve never seen with fin rot before. He’s rather skinny and lethargic, often laying on his decor at weird angles, but I finally got him to eat a few pellets today.

His coloration is very pale and dull, and his eyes appear to be slightly bulging, but I’m not sure if these things are just characteristic of him as he is a new fish.

I’ve done some water tests and everything appears to be fine! If anyone can help me figure this out, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

BettaNation

Valued Member
Reaction score
Aertymis said:
View attachment 433909 View attachment 433910 View attachment 433911 View attachment 433912 Hi! So I went to Petco the other day and found this incredibly ill looking betta male. I decided to see if I could help him out by giving a new (better) home.

He is now in a 4 gallon tank with a heater and a filter, plenty of decor and hiding spaces as well as rocks for the floor. I do 25% water changes every weekend and turkey baste up particles of food that drop.

Now that you’re aware of his living situation, I’d like to know if anyone can help me identify what is going on with him so that I can help treat it properly!

I’ll post pictures but he’s pretty elusive and hard to photograph well. He has what appears to be some fin-rot going on, but also some red spotting in the tips of his fins that I’ve never seen with fin rot before. He’s rather skinny and lethargic, often laying on his decor at weird angles, but I finally got him to eat a few pellets today.

His coloration is very pale and dull, and his eyes appear to be slightly bulging, but I’m not sure if these things are just characteristic of him as he is a new fish.

I’ve done some water tests and everything appears to be fine! If anyone can help me figure this out, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance!
Possibly finnrot from being in a small cup @ Petco. My recommendation is to just keep the water clean and add a almond leaf and watch closely for any new symptoms

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom