Help Identify this Nat'l Geographic LED LIght No. LED30A -

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 1611mac, Aug 8, 2015.

1. 1611mac

1611macValued MemberMember

My son migrated to saltwater and he gave me his 30 gal freshwater tank setup and running. It has some live plants so I was researching the LED light to find specs. To my surprise, I cannot find even ONE of these on the WEB. Nothing from a Google Search. It is a 30" National Geographic light with Part number "LED30A" stamped on it. All I can find on web is the Deluxe light and a 20 inch light from Petco. When my son had this the original light broke and the Aquarium shop gave him this light as a replacement.

Is anyone familiar with this light? Nat Geo LED30A

2. Aquaphobia

AquaphobiaFishlore LegendMember

I've been looking at the National Geo led lights at my local (Canadian) PetSmart. Apart from the programmable Deluxe I can also get what must be the basic model and one that you can get "pods" for so you can customize the light output. I'm guessing the the marking on it only refers to the size of the light or possibly to the amperage. More likely it's just Nat Geo's code for a 30" LED light and the "A" maybe refers to the style.

Here's the link for the "basic":

3. OP
    OP
    1611mac

Yes.. that seems to be it! Thanks. Sadly.. the listing doesn't even give the wattage or any specs. Guess I'll have to run by Petsmart to examine it.

As for the number.. A label actually says "Model LED30A"

Thank you for the reply!

4. Bob Ellis

Bob EllisValued MemberMember

FYI National Geographic pet items are PetSmart only, they have a branding deal, all products made by a third party.

5. OP
    OP
    1611mac

Thanks for the info all. Yes, a Google search returns just a few results and they are all PetSmart. Not good when you search the web for something and you hardly find anything!

6. Bob Ellis

Bob EllisValued MemberMember

Yup, due to the fact that it really is a branded generic like Top Fin. Paying for a name allows it to be a premium store brand slotted between Top Fin and name brand stuff. Nat Geo isn't going to invest in a web page fora product that they have nothing to do with other than selling their name for the box, they license their name to all sorts of products. PetSmart doesn't want to make a 'Nat Geo Pet' website because firstly they already have their own and secondly they'd probably have to pay more for the brand name if they wanted to make it a web presence beyond their stores..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice