Help ID this fish :)

1. Kitsune Member Member

My friend had this lovely lady in his 65g tank. He actually had a bunch of them but he doesn't have a lid and the rest all jumped to their fishy deaths.

In addition, the mickey mouse platies kept chasing her and chasing her. So, he sent her home with me and she is currently in my 20 gallon with my loaches and cherry barbs (barbs are waaaay calmer with 6 instead of the 3 I had lol).

I am trying to find out what she is so I have an idea of what she needs in terms of food, space, care, does she need others of her kind? Keeping in mind they are all being upgraded to a 45 gallon hopefully if the sale that I have lined up goes through.

Any help pointing me towards possible candidates would be great as I have noooo clue and he couldn't remember what she is either lol :;dete

Attached Files:

2. erk419 Member Member

Do you have a picture of the fish that may help :)

3. Kitsune Member Member

Actually while you posted that I was just in the process of editing the photo so I could add it. I didn't realize it was too big and didn't initially attach lol :;laughing

4. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

:) It's pretty, but I don't know what it is.

5. Bad Wolf Well Known Member Member

some sort of tetra, no idea what though.

6. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

My best guess would be a congo tetra. I'm not totally sure, so hopefully other members will be along soon that can give you a positive ID.

7. jgon_ Well Known Member Member

Looks to be a celebes rainbowfish to me
    178.jpg

8. Slug Well Known Member Member

I'll echo celebes rainbowfish.

9. Kitsune Member Member

Looking up pictures and behaviors online I am going to say we have a positive ID. Thank you muchly :D

10. Jake the Fish Member Member

11. Slug Well Known Member Member

Looks nothing like a Rasbora axelrodi

12. Kitsune Member Member

I am still going to go with the celebes rainbowfish. Coloring and size both match.

13. Neji Member Member

I've seen it before, I think it is a member of the rainbow fish family or it could be one of the tetra species. Either way... you probably should keep it with other tetras which would be the best, and they like flake foods and possibly freeze dried or frozen foods :)

Good luck!

Neji

14. Kitsune Member Member

She pretty much eats what the barbs eat. I do plan to increase the number of celebes rainbow fish once I get a bigger tank since I think she would definitely like some friends.