Help Id These Cories

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by AQUA_LOVER, Apr 19, 2018.

1. AQUA_LOVER

AQUA_LOVERWell Known MemberMember

Hi all I got some cories from my LFS and they came from a batch labeled longfin assorted. Can someone help me figure out what they are for proper care? The picture shoes two of one unknown type (possibly emerald) a panda, and another unknown type at the back.

Thanks 20180419_172922.jpg

2. penguin02

penguin02Well Known MemberMember

Those two are bronze cories. The one in the back is a peppered cory.

3. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

looks like a panda, bronze or emerald, and a peppered.

4. OP
    OP
    AQUA_LOVER

Thanks, Bronze cory is a much better match than the emerald cory was.

5. phantom

phantomValued MemberMember

interesting never knew people sold assorted corydoras

6. OP
    OP
    AQUA_LOVER

My LFS has several tanks of assorted fish. It is annoying when trying to get a solid ID

7. Katie13

Katie13Fishlore VIPMember

Each of those Corys needs groups of at least 6 with their own species.

8. 86 ssinit

86 ssinitWell Known MemberMember

I’ve never seen those high fins before. Good luck with your new Cory’s. Not sure where the must have 6 of a kind comes from. But I’ve had Cory’s of all types together and never had 6 of a kind and never had a problem all lived long lives and got along fine. Only thing is those bronze or green Cory’s are usually pigs :) eating everything and the pandas are not as food aggressive so you have to watch and make sure there getting food.

9. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Quite ridiculous if you think of the social behaviour and needs of these fish (needing to be with their own species).

10. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

The full 25 years or more?
    Off course they'll live but they'll show a complete different social behaviour when with their own species.
    An ungoing discussion but get them a school instead of a collection.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice