Help Id Fry

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by johnp3, Apr 21, 2017.

1. johnp3

johnp3New MemberMember

Hi, one of my fish has had some fry, I've found 4 so far. But I don't know which fish they came from! I have guppies, mollys and platys..any idea how I can ID the frys breed? a255ca42783123e5e529b9c9545dff02.png

2. Platylover

PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

Only time will tell for certian, but I'd guess Molly by length of body. Keep in mind mollies and guppies can hybridise.:)

3. Aster

AsterWell Known MemberMember

Doesn't look like a guppy fry, they're typically more slender. Agreed, you'll have to wait until they get a bit larger.

Guppies and mollies can hybridize but it's pretty uncommon.

4. Balkaran0006

Balkaran0006Valued MemberMember

I'd say guppy fry. You can tell from the shape of the fins.

5. Mcasella

McasellaFishlore VIPMember

I was going to say platy or molly by how chunky it is compared to its head, guppy fry are slender, so they have a curve from belly up most of the time.

6. Sepehr

SepehrWell Known MemberMember

Hello
    First of all, it is very hard to say for sure and me and other Members can only guess.
    Doesn't look like a Guppy or Platy fry to me, Guppy Fry are mostly more slender.
    I guess Molly

7. Sepehr

Hello
    First of all, it is very hard to say for sure and me and other Members can only guess.
    Doesn't look like a Guppy or Platy fry to me, Guppy Fry are mostly more slender.
    I guess Molly

8. Sepehr

Hello
    I guess Molly or possibly a Hybrid (Muppy or Golly)

9. Balkaran0006

Balkaran0006Valued MemberMember

Mollies usually have very different shaped fins and their bodies are differently shaped as well. Definitely not a platy fry IMO. I'd say just a bigger body sized guppy!! Could possibly be molly/guppy hybrid but unlikely.

10. Levinofish

LevinofishValued MemberMember

I guess its guppy fry I have Guppy's only in one tank and by fry look like that to I can make a pic if you like

11. CarrieFisher

CarrieFisherWell Known MemberMember

I just was "blessed" with some Molly Fry, and, IMO (which is far from professional), I think Molly