Help Id Female Betta

AleksTheFish

Hi. I got a new female Betta yesterday but they didn’t say what type she was. I think she’s a Plakat with a rip in her tail (is it a rip?). Any help is appreciated
IMG_1218.jpg

Demeter

It is definitely a normal plakat of the wild coloration. Also I don't see the usual plump belly or egg spot so it might be a young male, the analfin seems a tad long for a non-HM plakat female. Any chance you can get a picture of it flaring at its reflection?

AleksTheFish

It is definitely a normal plakat of the wild coloration. Also I don't see the usual plump belly or egg spot so it might be a young male, the analfin seems a tad long for a non-HM plakat female. Any chance you can get a picture of it flaring at its reflection?
Thanks! I don’t have a mirror so I used a phone with invert camera and this is the best I could get. I don’t know if this is good enough tho

Attachments

• 9FB27785-EDC5-46A0-97A6-D40B6A5E4560.jpeg
    9FB27785-EDC5-46A0-97A6-D40B6A5E4560.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 37

Demeter

Still can't say 100% sure but I'd lean towards male in this case. The body shape seems pretty slI'm and the pelvic fins look long and have the white tips that females rarely have. The tear in the tail is healing but it's hard to say if it will recover perfectly. Looks like a healthy fish otherwise! I've got an old grandpa male the same type as yours, he just has a fancier dorsal because of his hidden double tail and HMPK genes on his dad’s side.

80856E08-B7F9-479D-9BE1-2A4FEF47365E.jpeg

AleksTheFish

Still can't say 100% sure but I'd lean towards male in this case. The body shape seems pretty slI'm and the pelvic fins look long and have the white tips that females rarely have. The tear in the tail is healing but it's hard to say if it will recover perfectly. Looks like a healthy fish otherwise! I've got an old grandpa male the same type as yours, he just has a fancier dorsal because of his hidden double tail and HMPK genes on his dad’s side.

XD your boy is beautiful! Thank you! I will do some research and might ask on this forum again in a few months!

AleksTheFish

Actually never mind, HE just made a bubble nest thank you for your help!

Attachments

• CAFDFDBF-597C-4C4D-8743-1F1E9A05D580.jpeg
    CAFDFDBF-597C-4C4D-8743-1F1E9A05D580.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 39

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Falena
Replies