Help ID : Betta Color Type

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by thefishdude277, Jul 19, 2015.

1. thefishdude277

thefishdude277 Well Known Member Member

So I have a total of 4 bettas (3 males 1 female)
    I'm confused on what color type they are

1. This is my Halfmoon "Gerard" (aka Gee)
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437339239.355148.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437339260.221521.jpg

2. This is my Super Delta " MIKEY "
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437339021.313456.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437339207.402486.jpg

3. Here's my other Super Delta "Ray"
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437339068.097113.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437339082.861324.jpg

4. And last but not least, here's my female veiltail "Ceylon"
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437339170.646387.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437339185.778397.jpg

:)

2. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Color type or tail type? Cuz' it looks like 1. is red, 2. is blue, 3. is peach, and 4. is also red. I don't think that's what you wanted though...... lol, is it?

3. OP
    OP
    thefishdude277

It is :D
    I just wanted to find out, since people call bettas, marbled, gas mustard, Cambodian, etc

4. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Oh, okay lol!

5. OP
    OP
    thefishdude277

6. _Fried_Bettas_

_Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

#3 actually looks cambodian in the picture, cambodian males are reasonably rare. Cambodians have colorless (flesh) bodies and solid colored fins. In the strictest sense his fins are not solidly solid but I would say close enough to earn the name, but of course unshowable in the category. None of the rest would fall under any special category. In the one picture #2 looks like he is reaching the 180 degrees for a halfmoon rather than just SD, but it isn't entirely clear. They are all pretty.

7. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

I think he's a cambodian-based orange. The body has too much orange tint (at least on my screen) for me to call him a cambodian.

8. OP
    OP
    thefishdude277

He's actually not orange at all. It's just the lighting :D
    Those pics were yesterday, and there are some changes on him
    He is covered in white scales now, but you can still see the fleshy-peach color. So he's a Tri color dragonscale Cambodian?

For now, I'll call #2 a turquoise
    Any thoughts on #1 and #4?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2015
  9. _Fried_Bettas_

_Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

Well if he's picked up other colored scales you can throw the Cambodian name out the window, it requires being totally without pigment on the body.

10. OP
    OP
    thefishdude277

K
    His fins are turning a more reddish color than orange now, but he still has the very light blue streaks on his fins

I find it weird that you see Cambodian females all the time, but not males

11. OP
    OP
    thefishdude277

Bump

12. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

13. OP
    OP
    thefishdude277

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice