Help Id A Few Fish

1. MrBryan723

MrBryan723 Well Known Member Member

Backstory: made a $100 offer on a 100gal. Offer got accepted. I was expecting only glass but it came with everything including fish... wasnt ready for fish and didn't plan on being ready for quite a while.(remodeling a house).
    Questions: what kind of tetras are these 2? And what is going on with the markings on the sailfin pleco? Is he ill?
    Yes I know I have some(obvious) compatibility issues been doing this for a long time, but it is what it is for now.

Attached Files:

2. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

What a deal!

I’m not sure what the decoloring is about on the pleco.
    I see a convict cichlid, the black striped fish.
    The pink and yellow are glofish skirt tetras. I can’t really tell what the blue one is, maybe an electic blue acara?

3. OP
    OP
    MrBryan723

Yes on the convict and blue acars. Also have an African leaf fish in there with 2 dino cats. The other 2 are 1 orange and 1 yellow, and definitely not glofish or skirt tetras. They both have a black dot near their tail.

4. OP
    OP
    MrBryan723

Here's a better picture

Attached Files:

5. bryangar

Thats probably a really old mickey mouse platy.

6. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

You have gold barbs, the red looks to be a red velvet swordtail.
    Plecos display colors to match the substrate as best they can (which is why most people will suggest black substrate as their colors will be the stronger over it in an effort to blend in).

7. OP
    OP
    MrBryan723

I'm pretty sure they're a tetra or possibly a barb.

8. bryangar

There you go.

9. OP
    OP
    MrBryan723

They're the same species. Gold barb looks right. Ty

10. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

They are not Gold Barbs, they are Gold strain aka Glass Rosy Barbs. The red one is the male. The translucence of the red is why they are called "Glass".

The Pleco is just a little stressed. The blotchy pattern is a stress pattern.