Reaction score
Experience
2 years

appcontrol

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So, I woke this morning to an Ick attack. How high can I safely raise my water temp to, with a clown pleco in it? OR should I remove him. Other inhabitants:
Rummynose and cardinal tetras
German blue rams
Boesmani rainbow fish
Angelfish
Black phantom tetras
I really would rather not tear apart my canister filter, to remove carbon,and have to use meds, if I can help it. I have aquarium salt, but I know pleco doesn't like that
For clown pleco 28C is upper limit. Salt in my opinion is not good option. Put up temp. and monitor, leave temp up for week or two. If situation isn't better in few days start medication but you need to remove carbon from filter and add it back after treatment is done.

And btw. when you lower your temp, lower it sloooowly like 0,5 daily or 1C every other day until you come to old temp.

GuppyDazzle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Don't be fooled into thinking everything's fine if the white spots fall off. The spots are just one of the phases of the life cycle. Most of ich's life cycle is not visible. Whatever treatment you use, make sure you treat for the recommended duration. It depends on temperature, but one or two weeks is required to kill off all the nasties.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom