Help! Ich or white spot

1. Nicole0653 Initiate Member

Ok so I went to the pet shop a week ago and bought some new fish, two of which where gold fish ( one black moor and I'm not sure what the other one is an oranda without the bobbly head thing ) when I got them back I floated the bag and realised a few small pin dots, I thought nothing of it. However 5 days later I notice large white dots, I am 99% sure my fish have ich ! and these fish will most probably infect the other fish too... Would I be able to go back at the pet store and get free treatment as they supplied the fish ? . ( I got them from pets at home ) if not what's the most effective way to treat them, without staining decor as i read somewhere. And a large cost as I'm 14 and don't have much money..

https://vimeo.com/169752565

Sorry about the shaky Video I tried a photo but they moved to much lol

[​IMG]

Thankyou for reading

2. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

3. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Sadly, I seriously doubt the fish store would give you meds, but you know what...they should. But as mentioned above, you could try the heat treatment. It is free and supposedly works pretty well.

I had gotten ich for the first time ever (okay, it wasn't actually me who got ich, it was my fish...but you know what I mean). I really didn't have the time to slowly raise the temp to 86 degrees (it would have taken days) so I chose to use meds. I used Tetra LifeGuard and it worked great.

4. Nicole0653 Initiate Member

Thankyou guys I will try the heat and if that doesn't work I'll go onto the meds hopefully they will get better, Thankyou jdhef el337

5. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Is the heathmethod te right thing to do with coldwaterfish guys. I'd go for meds that aren't that expensive. But start treating as soon as possible

6. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

This came up on the forum recently, and someone went to some goldfish specific website where it was claimed that the heat treatment is fine for goldfish.

7. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Okay take care there is enough oxygen in the water.

8. Nicole0653 Initiate Member

Thanks so much guys, getting treatment tomorrow it's only £4.95 so I can afford it

9. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Don't use two methods at the same time !