HELP! I think my gouramis are fighting!

Gibbo1710

I recently got a gold and blue gourami for my community tank.
Sadly my blue was sick and passed away, this two got along fine.

I also have 1 honey gourami in my tank, they all got along fine. I got a new blue today and I'm not sure what's going on but I think they are fighting. The blue also chases my honey.

Are they all males or I'd the blue just a bully?!!

Attachments

• 20210728_185459.jpg
    20210728_185459.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210728_160043.jpg
    20210728_160043.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 23

Demeter

I see no honey gourami, just a gold and a blue opaline gourami. They are the same species just different color forms.

How large is the tank? Opaline gourami can be pretty mean to their own kind which is why it is recommended to have just one or several if the tank is large enough. Males can definitely be more aggressive, especially if they decided they want to spawn.

Upvote 0

awilkinson871

The blue one is actually and Opaline gourami. They are semi aggressive and will bully the honey to death. With gouramis I would keep only honeys and add no other gouramis. Opalines also get large- not sure what size the tank is but it looks too small for one.

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

I see no honey gourami, just a gold and a blue opaline gourami. They are the same species just different color forms.

How large is the tank? Opaline gourami can be pretty mean to their own kind which is why it is recommended to have just one or several if the tank is large enough. Males can definitely be more aggressive, especially if they decided they want to spawn.
Agree. The same species that need a bigger tank.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Denvxr
  • Question
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views