Help I think my fish might be sick!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by debbie66151, Aug 2, 2015.

1. debbie66151Valued MemberMember

OK here's my problem I've noticed a week ago that some of my corys were not as energetic as normal and they were just sitting on bottom of tank. also one of my mollies was scratching on a rock. I've only seen the Mollie do it once . My fish have no signs of ich, fungus or any damage to there bodies no redness or anything noticeable and they are eating as normal. I thought maby it was a parasite something I couldn't see so I treated with api general cure and had 3 guppies die in 4 days. Not sure if it was the medicine or something else. The pet store recommended for me to buy tetra fungus gard so I did I'm really scared about treating with meds when I'm not sure what the problem is. Here are my water parameters. Ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0, pH is 7 nitrates are at 10 my water is testing terrific! I also added some aquarium salt. Any suggestions on what I should do? And I have a fully cycled tank as well.

Sent from my RCT6691W3 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

What test kit are you using? What size tank? What temp? TMK, salt is bad for cories. Do the fish have long stringy white poop? Also, can you give a more detailed description of the scratching that the molly was doing?

3. debbie66151Valued MemberMember

Api liquid test kit, 30 gallon tank,temps at 74. Yes long white stringy poop. And he rubbed his side on rock a few times and then swam off.

Could my corys be acting weird because of salt? I didn't put a lot in there just 2 teaspoons.

As I'm watching my tank I just seen my guppy rub on a rock to. He rubbed his side a couple times and swam off

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
  4. Et tuValued MemberMember

Cories do not appreciate being salted.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice