Help! I need to move my Oscars to their new 90gl quick!

wooosaaa74

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
90gl-nitrate,5-10,nitrite 0 , GH(HARDNESS) 150 , CHLORINE 0 , Alkalinity (kh) low, ph 6.8. ,amonia .5 -----------------------------------------45gl (where they are) amonia:1.0,nitrate:80,nitrite:1.0, hardness:300(very hard),chlorine:0,Alkalinity 30 ,ph 6.2 ----------now I just change the water by 45% last Sunday and they got it dirty so fast! Can I just move them to the 90 now?

w_boughner

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I would use ammonia remover in the tank you have and peep doing water changes every day if you can and let the 90 finish cycling or you may have problems with the 90

OP
W

wooosaaa74

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The 90 been cycling for a week how do I know when its ready? They need to get out the 45gl ASASAP

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just move the filters from the 45 to the 90 with the fish. I would do it now.

I reread your post - You have some water quality issues, as you know. I would dose with water conditioner to detoxify the water, like was said.

Do you have a larger filter for the 90?

OP
W

wooosaaa74

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yes I Have Two Big Filters For My 90 It Has New Gravel And Everything So I Won't Be Using The Old Gravel From 45 Gl. So Is My 90 Gl Levels Good Enough To Move Them?

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you move the filter from the 45 to the 90 with the fish, then things will be as good as they are in the 45. Correction, they will be better because there is twice as much water to dilute the toxins. Based on the numbers you provided in the first post, the 90 levels are better than the 45.

OP
W

wooosaaa74

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok how do I do that Bag them? What is the best way to transfer to the big tank? And should I move the whole filter system or just the filters from inside?

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Move over the entire filter system. I don't acclimate fish at all when moving them from tank to tank, so if I were you I would just net'em and drop'em. As long as the temperature and pH aren't way off.

OP
W

wooosaaa74

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
What should the ph level be?

OP
W

wooosaaa74

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I found out about the ph level thank u for all ur help. I don't trust everything the fish store say...now I'm about to put them in after I ck the levels again. I put some ph/ up in there and some bacteria stress stuff wish me luck!!!

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The pH should be close to whatever your source water is. It's not a good idea to mess with the pH - better to leave it where it is. Fish need stable pH, not perfect pH, so I wouldn't use the pH up again.

I hope it went well!

OP
W

wooosaaa74

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Their still ALIVE and seemed to be really enjoying their new tank. My tiger stripe color seems a little dawl but other then that they don't look stressed! Yaaaaaaa! Thanks again!

New Threads