Help, I my kuhli loach is pregnant!

Idkitsathrowaway

BIG NEWS!!! I was looking at my 10g tank and specifically at my kuhlis (she was close to the glass) and I have noticed before her stomach was green in tint, I wrote it off as fat because the males were, and she was smaller and lighter colored so I assumed it was a gender thing. NOPE she was close to the glass and I noticed little circles underneath her skin where it was green. EGGS Im panicking because this is lucky but worrying. I only have a 10 gallon and It dosnt have many places to hide I got so caught up saving for the 29, I neglected to provide hiding placed for them. they hide under the one fake plant i have, or in the 2 real ones. I would not be worried except I do not have another tank for her, at lest not with a heater. I dont think I can leave her in the 10g because I have a mystery snail that will eat them! I don't want that. I have no clue when she will lay them, idk much abought there breeding habits because I assumed it would not happen. Plus I have a mild infection a malaysian trumpet snails(the 2 I SWORE were BOTH male were NOT) Im typing fast so please dont mind spelling errors! Im freaking out! Will the pest snails hurt them? Im gonna get Black diamond blasting sand as a softer substrate soon. Maybe a little earler than planed for them!

its ben 22 min since I wrote whats above, my panic attack is slowing down, If someone answers this I may not be able to respond till tomorrow. I really need to sleep, i mean this, on top of the money thing AND finials next week Imma need anxiety meds soon.

AggressiveAquatics

Chilllll. There’s nothing you can do at this point. Eventually a male will swim up to her and they will travel around each other until she goes and lays the eggs. Of this hasnt happened yet then there’s no need to be freaking out because there’s nothing you can do. Fish can get eggs without a male. Make sure to let us know if they do lay the eggs because this will be a kind of rare occurrence. Focus on school and finals for now, I’m also kind of panicking about finals lol

Upvote 0

SiennaR

Unfortunately, snails love eating fish eggs. Finish finals and all that, and then focus. Snails like eating eggs, so follow what this person said. ^
But it would be best, if you wanna separate her, get a separate floating breeder box that is large, or smaller than large, like a medium size, if you know shes gonna drop soon. You can put both in, but when shes dropping take the male out, I would say. Then she'll drop, and I'd say to separate her immediately. You can get a floating, or a suction-cup breeding box. Those would work best, they go inside the tank and some are plastic, glass, or have nets around them so they cant get through.

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

okay thankyou. I relaly need to learn more about there breedng behavior though

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
veggieshark
  • Question
Replies
Views
OceanicWhitetipShark