Help!!! I have eggs...

FishyFanatic86

I believe they belong to the rosy tetras but I have 0 familiarity with eggs.

Can I place them in a plastic breeder? I have a pump and aeration tube.

I can place it right in the tank sectioned to the side.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20210719_102121.jpg
    20210719_102121.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 31

mattgirl

I believe they belong to the rosy tetras but I have 0 familiarity with eggs.

Can I place them in a plastic breeder? I have a pump and aeration tube.

I can place it right in the tank sectioned to the side.

Thanks in advance!
Congratulations :)

That is what I would do. I do have to wonder if the freshly hatched fry will be able to go through the slits in the breeder box. If you think they will maybe you can seal them up with some kind of super fine netting to prevent escape. I know newly hatch cory fry would be able to get out since they are so tiny.

What other fish do you have in this tank? Normally tetras scatter their eggs so it seems strange that all of these are piled up on one spot.

Upvote 0

chromedome52

Those are not tetra eggs. They look like a dumped load of eggs from a Mystery Snail. If Mystery Snails can't get out of the water to lay their eggs, they will just release them to get rid of them. They will not hatch, as they drown when kept submerged.

Also possible would be some sort of Pleco, which usually lay eggs in caves. If there is no cave, again, dumping the eggs wherever occurs to keep them from going rotten inside the fish.

Upvote 0

mattgirl

Those are not tetra eggs. They look like a dumped load of eggs from a Mystery Snail. If Mystery Snails can't get out of the water to lay their eggs, they will just release them to get rid of them. They will not hatch, as they drown when kept submerged.

Also possible would be some sort of Pleco, which usually lay eggs in caves. If there is no cave, again, dumping the eggs wherever occurs to keep them from going rotten inside the fish.
I suspected pleco eggs. I hadn't though about mystery snail eggs but I can see these being from one.

Upvote 0

86 ssinit

Yeah those are some big eggs!! Have to be one big tetra :).

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mattgirl
  • Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Pfrozen