Help! I have a fish in a cup

1. TKDennison Member Member

I have this poor little guy in a cup trying to decide of its time to freeze him, or try meds

I bought them a few weeks ago and he accidentally gave me this panda instead of a julii.

Anyway. I went to acclimate them to my main tank this morning and after I had put them in I realized he has red lines all over his body, so I pulled him back out and put him in a cup. I don't think he's grown at all and he can't swim right.

I don't know if he scratched himself and became infected? But IMO it's too late for him.

Now afraid I gave my big tank something..but two other fish were in with him and no symptoms

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1406481678.085072.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1406481689.133447.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. kevymd Well Known Member Member

its hard to tell with the bend of the cup, but I'm going to say go with your gut. When did you get him? Why are you only acclimating him this morning? I assume you had him in a quarantine?

3. TKDennison Member Member

Yes, he has been in QT for several weeks. all my water parameters are pristine.

4. kevymd Well Known Member Member

I'm looking at that second picture, it looks almost like he has Dropsy?

5. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

He doesn't look good at all, if you do decide to euthanise him please don't freeze him, that's a very painful way for him to die.
    Clove oil is the most humane way to euthanise fish imo

6. TKDennison Member Member

No pineconing, no pop eye. Just red streaks in his body and tail/fins and his barbels are half gone. He had them when i got him! its a bare bottom tank and it had a slate cave that he may have scratched himself on

Hes extemely skinny, I think he may have just given up. :'(

*edit* the more I studied him, the more my heart broke, He just kept staring at me barely being able to right himself and I swear it looked like the light had gone from his eyes..

Hes in the freezer. RIP little buddy.

7. TKDennison Member Member

By the time he went in he was almost not breathing.

I wish I had some, But by the time I went an hour to the only place that sells it..He would have sat in that cup for two hours